Career Officer
Sorry for the potentionally Noob question... >-)

I understand why you dont allow the FULL customization of a player's character but...

Why dont you allow a one time FULLY customization of a new BOff? (ie. race, sex)

Just a one time thing available when you acquire a new BOff so you can fully design a BOff to your liking...

Wait, I think I just answered the question in my head as I typed that.... Let me guess, you want some randomization so that you can't crew your ship with a certain type of character/trait.

Told you it was a potentially noob question.
Captain
# 2
12-25-2012, 09:45 PM
I believe the character models are using the same programming as your toon.
# 3
12-27-2012, 08:42 AM
That's what the Exchange is for... more Bridge Officer candidates of whatever race and sex you want than you could ever possibly use or sell, all for dirt cheap.

You want a female Bajoran Science Officer (for example)? Search "Bajoran Science" in the Bridge Officer tab for the Exchange (filter by quality if you wish), and look at the tooltips for a female. A rare will probably cost you like 200 EC. Unfortunately, you can't search by abilities or traits, so you'll need to look a little harder to get one with traits you like or that rare ability you want.

If you want to unlock most of the character creation options for your officers, search for "Alien" officers.
Please stop exponential holding/reputation costs!
Career Officer
# 4
12-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Yeah good point... I knew the opportunity existed on the exchange just never put two and two together. Thanks! LOL Told you it'd be a newb or ryhmes with "noob" question....

Thanks again.
Rihannsu
# 5
12-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
That's what the Exchange is for... more Bridge Officer candidates of whatever race and sex you want than you could ever possibly use or sell, all for dirt cheap.
Not really.

To start its a mess to navigate because you cannot just search for traits, you have to inspect every single one that is not exactly enjoyable.

Second, even if there many out there I never seen a Female Vulcan Science Officer with Nerve Pinch and Mind Meld.

Full customization would allow for that as it currently doesnt ... at least chances of that happening are once in a full blue moon.

Oh this isnt a noob question, I understand you dont realize you can get more BO's either from the exchange or the BO store (yes, there is one ... but just commons) and you can even get then in some missions as a reward and also from the DOFF system but eventually you start looking at their traits, abilities can be trained so its a much lesser issue but its hard to get some specific traits so you end up with a BO that simply is not exactly quite as useful because it have a trait that is not exactly helpful on what you want then to do in ground or space because space traits are worth their weight in Lobi.