Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,332
# 11
12-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I don't know what universe your from that a tac < eng ensign...especially since the ship has 3 eng ensigns.

Eng Team < Tac Team by far if your going for a offensive build, because not only does tac team give you a little offensive power its also a great defensive tool.
When you set the higher ranking BOFF eng skills for DEM3 and other offensive skills, the Ensign eng spots still help defensive skill rotations shorter for healing and others. Eng Ensigns aren't useless if you find ways to use them.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,332
# 12
12-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperordeslok View Post
It's a fine ship and had the regent not been introduced would be without question one of the most capable cruisers in the game tactically (officer layout not withstanding narrow arc weapons are useless if you can't bring then to bear with a ship like the oddy) however the regent will pack slightly more offensive punch thanks to it's layout and the wide angle quantum. Between the two i still favor the excelsior but they are toe to toe with eachother (the transwarp and higher turn made the decision for me)
I have both the T5 Excel' and the Regent. I didn't like the Regents lack of tankiness and its less capable maneuvering. I put the 180' Quantum Launcher on the Excel' and love it even more.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 13
12-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I don't know what universe your from that a tac < eng ensign...especially since the ship has 3 eng ensigns.

Eng Team < Tac Team by far if your going for a offensive build, because not only does tac team give you a little offensive power its also a great defensive tool.
The universe of a cannon cruiser. If you do it right you do it with Aux2Batt x2. This brings TT to global, making more than 1 copy redundant. There are no cannon skills at ensign. So the seemingly extra Eng ens actually gets an ET that will see occasional use.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,250
# 14
12-28-2012, 03:18 PM
I think it is. My current is the Sovereign which is more attacked based. Where the Excelsior is more Eng. based. I'm kinda stuck between going Excelsior or Galaxy for my next T5 ship. So it is high on my list.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 15
12-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I threw up a little in the back of my mouth when I wrote this post, but here goes.

The Fleet Excelsior is one of the best damage dealing fed cruisers if not the best one. It has a great console setup for dealing damage, albeit it has a terrible BOff setup. As hull, shields, and turn rate go, it's powerful in all of those aspects. It can tank like a boss, while still dealing a ton of damage to boot.

However aesthetically and conceptually displeasing this 200 year old hulk might be, it's probably one of the best cruisers. And no, the Breen ship doesn't count because the Chel'gret is not a cruiser. It's a warship.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 957
# 16
12-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
However aesthetically and conceptually displeasing this 200 year old hulk might be, it's probably one of the best cruisers. And no, the Breen ship doesn't count because the Chel'gret is not a cruiser. It's a warship.
Truth, right here. Goodness gracious, I wish Cryptic were still selling skins instead of just full ships. Then they could make a 25th-century remake of the Excelsior. We want (and have a good cruiser), but it's a tragedy that it looks like a centuries-old scow.

If canon whiners should complain about anything, it's this.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,580
# 17
12-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Personaly its one of my favorite ships. And I have them all, so theres that.

My only wish is that the ensign was a sci it would make it so much more tanky if i souls have PH HE and TSS.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 18
12-29-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
Truth, right here. Goodness gracious, I wish Cryptic were still selling skins instead of just full ships. Then they could make a 25th-century remake of the Excelsior. We want (and have a good cruiser), but it's a tragedy that it looks like a centuries-old scow.

If canon whiners should complain about anything, it's this.
I don't think a reskin could save it from my scorn tbh. I personally believe the Odyssey looks magnificent. And it not only looked amazing, it is an amazing ship. She looks modern, can hurt like HELL, and can take one hell of a beating.

Then they took this 200 year old piece or junk, and made it have a better version than her larger and far more magnificent 25th century sister. Insulting to me. Oh wells.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 130
# 19
12-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Excuse my ignorance people, i am a fan of the Excelssior, i have all the versions of the ship and i use my "own" setup for boff's and powers, but you are saying here, that i can mount CANONS on it? O_O, what type of canons?, my ship is very tanky, very, but lacks some power in the weapons side, i think that canons could help solve that issue.
Thanks for your help!
Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"

Last edited by lmrt; 12-29-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,521
# 20
12-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmrt View Post
Excuse my ignorance people, i am a fan of the Excelssior, i have all the versions of the ship and i use my "own" setup for boff's and powers, but you are saying here, that i can mount CANONS on it? O_O, what type of canons?, my ship is very tanky, very, but lacks some power in the weapons side, i think that canons could help solve that issue.
Thanks for your help!
It can run single cannons and turrets, just like every other ship in the game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:58 PM.