Ensign
# 1 New Romulus kills my game
12-29-2012, 04:36 AM
I have an intermittent problem with my desktop computer where sometimes I'll be on New Romulus and I can explore just fine, there will be other times where I will go to New Romulus it will freeze then the game will close without warning, the only way I can log back into my game on this computer when it crashes is by logging in on my laptop computer and transwarping somewhere else then logging in the problem is localised to New Romulus.
Lieutenant
# 2
12-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut87 View Post
I have an intermittent problem with my desktop computer where sometimes I'll be on New Romulus and I can explore just fine, there will be other times where I will go to New Romulus it will freeze then the game will close without warning, the only way I can log back into my game on this computer when it crashes is by logging in on my laptop computer and transwarping somewhere else then logging in the problem is localised to New Romulus.
Hello macnut87!

From a technician's point of view, the problem is indeed related to the New Romulus playfield(s), however, since you can log into the "problem" character on another computer just fine, it's not the playfield as much as it's certainly the Desktop, or in this case, the video card on that machine.

That being said, from your limited description, it would appear that you might want to reinstall the drivers for your video card on your desktop machine. Since you can log into the game just fine on another computer, it's clearly not your character nor is it "the game" if you will. The issue comes up on one computer only, since you described the issue as "close without warning" it does sound like a problem with the video card driver, or perhaps even your directX; but most likely it's the driver.

If after reinstalling the card driver you continue to have this issue, please let us know so that we can look into other possibilities for you.

Best regards,

Jenna
Career Officer
# 3
12-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Allow me to recommend a simpler test first:

I suspect it might be a badly patched file. The launcher's file-checking algorithms are about as solid as a Ferengi's word. Try copying the entire STO directory from your laptop onto your desktop computer.

I suspect this might help you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2013, 05:06 AM
similar symptoms here
I experienced several crashes while beaming down to new romulus (during loeadscreen or seconds after) of witch cryptic is well aware I suppose, because bug report tool prompted every time
I did run file-check, didn't help
Career Officer
# 5
01-02-2013, 05:44 AM
The story, lack episodic content and the grind kill my game
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by palpha2clearance View Post
The story, lack episodic content and the grind kill my game
This thread was made to help thread creator with hes problem , not to whine about season 7.

get last video drivers on your machine , maybe even direct x upgrade.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]