Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Ensign
Basically... I never really understood how important skills were/I thought if I played long enough, I could max them all out.

I am annoyed at how I spent quite a few of my skill points and really want to reset them.

In addition, I have also had critical success in quite a few officer missions that have awarded skill points, some of which have are in skills I already maxed out - so are pretty useless.

I was just wondering, if I get a respec/reskill/reset token and use it, do all of the skills that I have won stats in also reset to 0, or do I keep critical success skill buffs?

(Side question - if I loose them (or even if I don't), is there a complete list of every possible win from missions so that I know not to spend skill points in them, as give enough time, I should fill them from missions?)
Captain
# 2
12-29-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilhill View Post
Basically... I never really understood how important skills were/I thought if I played long enough, I could max them all out.

In addition, I have also had critical success in quite a few officer missions that have awarded skill points, some of which have are in skills I already maxed out - so are pretty useless.

I was just wondering, if I get a respec/reskill/reset token and use it, do all of the skills that I have won stats in also reset to 0, or do I keep critical success skill buffs?

(Side question - if I loose them (or even if I don't), is there a complete list of every possible win from missions so that I know not to spend skill points in them, as give enough time, I should fill them from missions?)
Yeah, that happened to me too :p, but alas, i got used to it ^^

I think you might have got a bit confused, the Duty Officer missions, that reward a buff on critical, are for 1hour only, e.g. you get a critical success and are rewarded +25 in shield emitter skill, that +25 lasts 1 hour, then its gone, until you find the mission, and get another critical,

To answer the side question (assuming your still interested seeing as the buffs are only temporary) i would hazard a guess there will be a list somewhere on STOwiki
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Ensign
# 3
12-29-2012, 05:17 AM
Ok - I feel like an idiot, I thought it was a full on skill point, not just a temporary buff!

Makes more sense! I will do a reset and be much more careful this time round!

Thanks.
Captain
# 4
12-29-2012, 05:28 AM
hehe

We all make mistakes, but so few of us have the common sense to ask when we are stuck on something , glad i could help
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.