Captain
# 121
12-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
I just got a review where a reviewer decided to take a star away "because I was using the foundry challenge to promote my mission".

So, I am apologizing again, as I don't want to be misunderstood. I enjoy being part of this community and I love to write stories. I'll request to be withdrawn from the list of posted missions.
That was me. I though you were using the challenge as a cheap way to have a lot of people playing your mission.
Since you took time to explain, apologise, and you seems honest, I'll edit my review to reflect your work.
Good luck for your next work

Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
Thanks. i'm proud of that map.
As I said in my comment, that map was quite impressive. To be honest, your mission was the one I voted for, the one from Hippiejon coming close second. I wish I could vote for both
Lots of good missions, the one from markhawkman was good to.

Last edited by erei1; 12-28-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Commander
# 122
12-28-2012, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Thanks. i'm proud of that map.
I tried making a series of Jeffries Tubes for my map but realised you couldn't crawl and move at the same time... so how did you manage it?
Ide look myself but i dont have time for a Klingon M.C as well.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Rihannsu
# 123
12-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I tried making a series of Jeffries Tubes for my map but realised you couldn't crawl and move at the same time... so how did you manage it?
When I said 'crawl' I meant it in a figurative sense. He used several wrecked ship props that are barely large enough for you to walk through.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 124
12-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
There are a few pieces of nacelle debris in foundry. I used the two that lead upwards to create my damaged turbolift shafts taking players up and down three floors. The downside, is that boffs won't venture inside, so the player is alone from that point forward.
Commander
# 125
12-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
There are a few pieces of nacelle debris in foundry. I used the two that lead upwards to create my damaged turbolift shafts taking players up and down three floors. The downside, is that boffs won't venture inside, so the player is alone from that point forward.
Oh cool, that's really clever!
I spent about a week making an amazing map with tubes and THEN tested it... I was not happy lol Had to settle with a 'Lower Decks' map inspired by the Elite Force Game.

Anyone else here Gagging for them to add the Tholian & Facility 4028 Interior Pieces with Omega and MACO Costumes into Foundry!?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lt. Commander
# 126
12-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
That was me. I though you were using the challenge as a cheap way to have a lot of people playing your mission.
Since you took time to explain, apologise, and you seems honest, I'll edit my review to reflect your work.
Good luck for your next work
Thanks much. I appreciate that. I've been messing around with all the maps and FX and realized I've only just scratched the surface of what's available. The other missions here are wonderfully done and lend to inspiration for me to do better on my next project.
Survivor of Romulus
# 127
12-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Question at @afalconer:

First: thank you for the mission Rode the Six Hundred . I liked it a lot. Especially all the optional choices.

This leads me to the question: are you planning to create a continuation of this story? I didn't open the barrel and took it with me to my ship and now I am so so so so so curious what's in it! ^^

Maybe I have to replay the mission to learn it *smile*

Last edited by naharikajal; 12-31-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Lieutenant
# 128
01-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naharikajal View Post
Question at @afalconer:

First: thank you for the mission Rode the Six Hundred . I liked it a lot. Especially all the optional choices.
Thank you very much. I try to give as many options as possible in the mission to give the player choices.

Quote:
This leads me to the question: are you planning to create a continuation of this story? I didn't open the barrel and took it with me to my ship and now I am so so so so so curious what's in it! ^^
Well, if you play another path or set of choices you can open the barrel. There are ultimately 4 endings. The 4th is only available if you make certain options at the end.

I have thought about adding to the mission and creating a sequel after the current challenge is over. I guess it will depend on two things. 1) The feedback 2) How long it takes me to complete the current series I'm working on.

Quote:
Maybe I have to replay the mission to learn it *smile*
I did try to give people a reason to replay it. For example, did you try to the Engineering path that lets you set off the cannons? Did you find the secret 4th ending? Did you open the barrel or not? etc.

I'm really glad that you liked it. Thank you for the feedback.

Enjoy,
Armand Falconer

Last edited by afalconer; 01-02-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 129
01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afalconer View Post
Well, if you play another path or set of choices you can open the barrel. There are ultimately 4 endings. The 4th is only available if you make certain options at the end.
I did open the barrel and ran through the multi-choice conversation at the entrance. All I have to say is... that fight was hard lol. But it was fun.
Lieutenant
# 130
01-02-2013, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
I did open the barrel and ran through the multi-choice conversation at the entrance. All I have to say is... that fight was hard lol. But it was fun.
On the ground, it is possible to have a huge fight, a medium sized fight or no fight at all. In space, it is possible to destroy one entire squadron before the battle even starts. One of the career paths lets you do that.

Armand Falconer