Captain
Given the endless harmless fun of being able to polymorph, I would love if there was a "polymorph device" that we could buy that would let us turn into random things on demand.
Captain
# 2
12-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Lol, I can imagine it now... running around only to be randomly accosted by a devidian... only the screen isn't glowing blue... and to be just wandering Q'onos and suddenly get attacked by a dozen tormented souls XD.

I APPROVE GREATLY!!!!
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-29-2012, 07:37 AM
I vote no. This is Star Trek, not Star Zoo. I can understand Q actually polymorphibg people, but a device? What next, a device that summons my little ponies?
Captain
# 4
12-29-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I vote no. This is Star Trek, not Star Zoo. I can understand Q actually polymorphibg people, but a device? What next, a device that summons my little ponies?
well we do get a device in the form of hologram skins..

But yeah, agreed, we are not undine/hortas running around ESD/First City >.>
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 5
12-29-2012, 08:03 AM
I am in the no group as well. I have nothing against polymorphing, but the fun of it is that it is Q, being... Well Q.

If you have the ability to do it all the time, it takes the fun out of it when Q does it.

Now I have to say (since I assume Q will be back for the 3rd year anniversary). Q needs to up his game. I would love it if we could polymorph into an epohh or Tholian as well as all the other random things we can.
Captain
# 6
12-29-2012, 11:23 AM
No polymorph plane and simple we do not need any more bugs in the game then what we all ready have as is.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
12-29-2012, 11:27 AM
please no more Q
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-30-2012, 08:05 AM
No, for the already mentioned reasons:

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I am in the no group as well. I have nothing against polymorphing, but the fun of it is that it is Q, being... Well Q.

If you have the ability to do it all the time, it takes the fun out of it when Q does it.
It's a great majority, not to say almost unanimity.

However the effect should be added in the Foundry to render true holographic disguises for infiltration mission.

The stock, flashing effect is silly, who would not alert immediately when seeing a supposed comrade flashing?

I can understand the limit of flashing using holograms outside missions, but let authors create believable missions in which you really disguise yourself and not cry "spy here" with a light signal.
Captain
# 9
12-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
as long as that little pony is a diamond pony....

-handsome jack-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 10
12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
I'd rather there be a device that lets you recharge your personal Holo-costumes.

I like my drone costume and I'd like to be able to play around with it for more than an hour total.

Make it a pay(Latinum) option but significantly less than it costs to buy a whole new unit.