Commander
# 1 Brief T5 Omega requests
12-29-2012, 04:52 AM
Just hit T5 and was surprised by the following:

No Adapted Omega set (yet?). Please create one.

My MACO MXII Battle Rifle does not count toward completing the Adapted set (different sets) and thus the IMR. I'd like to be able to utilize IMR on Adapted while using my MACO XII Battle Rifle. Perhaps create a IMR weapon unlock for Adapted for the MACO MXII Battle Rifle. Like the Adapted costume unlock...(more in my afterthought).

Where are the lovely non-set anti-Borg Space weapons? Please bring these back.

After thought: Paying for a costume unlock and to customize? I believe I understand the logic, but why not just add the costs into the set unlock?
Joined STO in September 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-29-2012, 04:58 AM
The Omega set is already cross-faction, and does not need an Adapted variant. If you really want to use Adapted and the MACO rifle, you can equip both guns. Recoding the set to work with either gun is probably never gonna happen, given the amount of extra code it requires.
Captain
# 3
12-29-2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerwalk0769 View Post

My MACO MXII Battle Rifle does not count toward completing the Adapted set (different sets) and thus the IMR. I'd like to be able to utilize IMR on Adapted while using my MACO XII Battle Rifle. Perhaps create a IMR weapon unlock for Adapted for the MACO MXII Battle Rifle. Like the Adapted costume unlock...(more in my afterthought).
doubtful, its like asking for mkx sets to work with mkxii sets and still count towards set bonus,

As said before, you can use the sniper, but your other weapon has to be the grenade launcher, you cant have your cake and eat it ^^
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 4
12-29-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Where are the lovely non-set anti-Borg Space weapons? Please bring these back.
Removed since the tier 4 omega passive basically does the same thing.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
# 5
12-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Removed since the tier 4 omega passive basically does the same thing.
The major component of the weapons, the chance to do radiation damage v.s, Borg, is no longer available.
Joined STO in September 2010.
Captain
# 6
12-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
The major component of the weapons, the chance to do radiation damage v.s, Borg, is no longer available.
The new kinetic damage does the same thing. Against every enemy.
Captain
# 7
12-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinsfate View Post
The Omega set is already cross-faction, and does not need an Adapted variant. If you really want to use Adapted and the MACO rifle, you can equip both guns. Recoding the set to work with either gun is probably never gonna happen, given the amount of extra code it requires.
The problem with that is that they're both Phaser weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
The problem with that is that they're both Phaser weapons.

The adapted (Honor Guard) weapon is disruptor, not phaser.
Rihannsu
# 9
12-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcostik View Post
The adapted (Honor Guard) weapon is disruptor, not phaser.
That is a bug (well copypaste failure), its supposed to be Phaser in MACO and Disruptor in HG no matter if they are adapted or not.
Empire Veteran
# 10
12-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
That is a bug (well copypaste failure), its supposed to be Phaser in MACO and Disruptor in HG no matter if they are adapted or not.
Shame really. Using the two weapons is a nice combo atm, disruptor pulsewave with phaser rifle.

Oh well, at least I have my Elite Disruptor for when that changes.