Commander
# 1 Doomsday Machine Help
12-27-2012, 12:06 PM
i'm kind of new to this and was searching for some help on the doomsday machine. i simply want to add it to a map and have it destroyed.

i can't seem to locate it anywhere except in the list of NPC contacts and i can't intereact with it.

thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Captain
# 2
12-27-2012, 12:13 PM
I didn't even know it was in the contacts list. Still, if it's there you can work with it. Have some "action" that transports an anti-matter warhead (or something equally nasty) into the doomsday waffle cone and then have it dissapear with a bunch of explosions and debris in attendance. You can't fight it the way you can in the Cryptic mission but hey...
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Here's what I would do:

Place an invisible object (the biggest one) on the map. Place the Doomsday Machine npc on top of that object. Now place one or more explosion details right on top of your Doomsday Machine.

In the "states" tab for the explosions, set them to go from invisible to visible on "component complete" and target that at the invisible object. Then in the states tab on the Doomsday Machine, set it to go from visible to invisible on the same component complete.

This way, the machine will seem to explode when you interact with the invisible object. Select the invisible object and in the "triggers" tab you'll be able to set an animation and what appears on the interact button. I would also, using the states tab, set that invisible box to only become visible when you want it to.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Commander
# 4
12-29-2012, 05:35 AM
You could place an enemy group, and change their costumes to the Doomsday machine. The only problem with that is it wouldn't use it's antiproton beam like in "The Doomsday Device" mission but it would be able to fight the player and get destroyed in the end.
Rihannsu
# 5
12-29-2012, 07:36 AM
You could toss in some explanation like it being badly damaged or something and you need to finish it off. That way you have a semi-beleivable explanation for the difference.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 6
12-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Yeah,I believe I played a mission where they used the Doomsday Machineand it wasn't finished or something like that so there were weakness in the armour.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34676144000&dateline=  1356220537