Commander
# 11
12-26-2012, 10:06 PM
we want free unlimited seperate storage of pets or a vivver cat from romulus i can ride around on in my cargo hold :-D
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Great suggestions everyone, frankly I'm tempted to suggest Cryptic offers us an offduty costume with a purse and an epohh inside it a la paris hilton just to troll you elandarksky . I like that mount idea, Targ mounts, Epohh mounts, Giant Tribble mounts...? That tribble mount reminds me of the beach ball mount in Free Realms...that would be funny.
Rihannsu
# 13
12-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins View Post
Panko breaded Epohh Sweetbreads, fried in clarified butter. Mmmmmm.
Ok, thanks... I got Cracker Jack out the nose and on my monitor when I read "fried in clarified butter" in regards to Epohhs. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
All that would be interesting...

But what I really want/need is a SEPARATE Bank/Storage place for them and my Tribbles.
Consider adding your support to LordHavelock's recommendations for Pet UI and Tribble Storage
Hey, thanks for the linkage.

As for the OP, I'm ok with the idea of further pet development, if that includes Cryptic doing something about the way we store pets, as my links above explain.

I would love to see Combat Epohhs, though I'd rather see a Targ Breeding minigame that resultsed in Combat Targs, first. Not to mention they need to make it so BOs can slot and use pet devices (which currently, they don't seem to do).

However, I have to agree with Elandarksky and vote against playing Epohh dress-up. There's too many other canon costume/uniforms, assets, etc that are not (yet) in-game, not to mention clipping/bug-fixes on existing features, that need resolution, to waste Dev time on foo-fooing-up your Little Princess Epohh Paris Hilton-style.

When my KDF toons get more Foot-wear options, Off Duty clothes, and more colors, when my Feds can wear a "ripped-Kirk shirt", change the rank on their WoK uniforms, find an iron for my over-wrinkled Troi uniform, and my female toons can wear any Communicator without clipping into their (only medium-sized) breasts, then we can talk about your Omega Force Epohhs.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 14
12-27-2012, 10:32 AM
It's simple--but I'd love to be able to interact with the epohh (or other pets) when they're activated. It would be funny to be able to play fetch with them, rub their bellies, pet them, or otherwise play with them like pets.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-27-2012, 12:27 PM
My Little Epohhs...

Pet battling would be pretty interesting and wouldn't go against PWE's style. Now while I agree with the long standing issues, being addressed there's no reason why with their every increasing staff size they wouldn't be able to have someone working on a pet project (pun intended). In the end it's all in Cryptic's hands, I just figure it would be a funny to make a cute little suggestion and hope everyone had some fun in the thread.
Rihannsu
# 16
12-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveldra View Post
...I just figure it would be a funny to make a cute little suggestion and hope everyone had some fun in the thread.
Oh I get it. And I don't mean any insult as I stomp on your idea . I get/like pet-projects (I see what ya did thar! ) and like to throw out my fair share, too.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Lieutenant
# 17
12-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
First, a COMBAT Targ.

...Then we'll discuss the lesser creatures.
+1 to this. Star Trek Online is now full with non-combat pets and is lacking in combat pets (consumables or not) also some of torpedo platforms(including their obtaining assignments) has been removed from game, such as tricobalt platform .
"Every moment we live, we are moving through time." (Vosk, on the power of time travel, "Storm Front"- ENTERPRISE season 4 episode 1)
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
12-29-2012, 11:33 AM
i wish they would remove pets from star trek as its got nothing to do with it. when is the last time u seen a captin running around with little pets following them in or out of combat.

if u want pets i hear pokemon is good.
Rihannsu
# 19
12-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
i wish they would remove pets from star trek as its got nothing to do with it....
Archer had a dog. Picard had a fish. Data had a cat. Kahn had those ear worm things, and we've seen several Klingon Captains with Targs. Pets are Star Trek canon. Deal.

And people like vanity items/pets. It's an MMO trope, regardless of theme. It sells.

Besides, not all pets are fluffy little space bunnies. A couple of my characters commonly use the Exocomp pet, a suitably tech-friendly companion.

Career Officer
# 20
12-31-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't want it, but somewhere in my weird brain, the thought of a klink cheerleader with tribbles as pompoms could be hilarious.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.