Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 11
12-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Because they want you to spend twice as much? Is that so hard to believe?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 241
# 12
12-29-2012, 08:01 AM
because they wonted using them to be some sort of achievement, u need to farm full set 24 day+ or spend $+ time any way of two possible to get them is achievement

Last edited by warpet; 12-29-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,016
# 13
12-29-2012, 10:55 AM
It feels like a double dip. On 1 of my KDF toons, I wanted Omega set. I did NOT want the honor guard set. But now if I want the set with MACO sets, I have to first buy a set I'm not going to use? How does that make sense?
_____________________
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 57
# 14
12-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Grind, grind, grind, grind until you cant click no more.

It is the STO way Muahahahahaha

Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,424
# 15
12-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
Good question. I have two theories. First one, someone wants to be an a**-hat.
Second theory; somewhere in all that cryptic coding (pun intended), it is programmed in such a non-global way, that A leads to B, then C, else FAIL. -when FAIL, we experience bugs.
Aka. Bad programming.
So... Combine theory 1 with theory 2; what do we get? =PWE...



Anyone dare challenge my hypothesis?
I suspect A... leads to be B... leads to C... leads to A.


A. Spend 35 days grinding to get access to the good gear.
B. Purchase all the good gear to then get the newer gear.
C. Do the next reputation tree.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 766
# 16
12-29-2012, 11:48 AM
So, when you say buy, do you meean that youhave to buy the regular KHG or MACO sets with dilithium and marks, and then buy the adapted sets with more dilithium and marks? I was hoping that it could be a straight trade, you give up your MACO set for the adapted MACO set. So, anyone at T5 who can tell how it works?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
# 17
12-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
It feels like a double dip. On 1 of my KDF toons, I wanted Omega set. I did NOT want the honor guard set. But now if I want the set with MACO sets, I have to first buy a set I'm not going to use? How does that make sense?
its adapted how can u adapt something unless u have it to adapt make perfect sense to me
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,016
# 18
12-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
So, when you say buy, do you meean that youhave to buy the regular KHG or MACO sets with dilithium and marks, and then buy the adapted sets with more dilithium and marks? I was hoping that it could be a straight trade, you give up your MACO set for the adapted MACO set. So, anyone at T5 who can tell how it works?
I am at T5 which is why I am complaining. On my toons that already have the MACO set, I can select the projects to buy the Adapted MACO set. On my toons that already have the Omega set, however, I do NOT have the same options. I only have the projects to get the regular MACO set. Granted, I am under the assumption that if I DID actually buy the MACO set on these toons, the Adapted set would unlock for me. This is an assumption that I am willing to 'test' by spending the marks and dilithium. And yes, the regular MACO set costs dilithium and marks, just as the Adapted sets do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
its adapted how can u adapt something unless u have it to adapt make perfect sense to me
The Adapted MACO for feds is simply the Klingon Honor guard set. What 'adapted' really means here is that the Honor Guard set is 'adapted' for use by Federation players.
_____________________
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 19
12-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Lol when I saw you actually have to do a project to unlock the costumes on top of the item projects...

I was like, time to quit this game.

Seriously I will never have time to produce the amount of XP points and Dilithium required to acquire these items. As this is the ONLY end game content it makes the game worthless.

Don't even know why I am even bothering to type this.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,016
# 20
12-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Don't even know why I am even bothering to type this.
Thanks for the thread bump.
_____________________
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 AM.