Lieutenant
# 11
12-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Again, the bast majority of players just plays and trust in the ingame content information, doesnt read the forums nor theor SPAM folder.

So, it's cryptic's fault for lazy and use copy pasta text in everything that they put in game without think about it and full of bugs and misleading information.
http://flotahispana.com/imagenes/fhlogoforo.png

Siguenos en: Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotahispana View Post
Again, the bast majority of players just plays and trust in the ingame content information, doesnt read the forums nor theor SPAM folder.

So, it's cryptic's fault for lazy and use copy pasta text in everything that they put in game without think about it and full of bugs and misleading information.
So if they didn't get any email from STO they didn't think to check their spam filter?
Career Officer
# 13
12-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:

Yep. Your right. Cryptic made a mistake.
A TYPO.

If the vast majority of players do not use the VAST resources available to them to both understand the game they play better AND stay up to date regarding News that is going on in the game, then it is their own fault. Especially when the ways in which they inform you go into multiple forms of social media. You gonna tell me someone has managed to be a player in STO and never use

Facebook
Email
The STO Website (News Section)
The many STO Podcasts and Blogs
The multitude of various interviews on varied MMO sites around the web.
The many recent costume promotions on various MMO sites.
Articles on MMO sites.
Brandon and Kiki's (Who the heck is Kiki?) new video report thing.
The STO forums.
Twitter Feeds from BFlakes and other Devs.

The list honestly goes on.

There is no one to blame here for lack of understanding how this FREE ship worked, except for the individual who was too lazy to read even a page of information about the ship.

For that matter, How did you even know the race was happening ? and that a Free ship could be gained ?

So, where's that logic ?
How are these people even knowing the ship is available if they never read about it ?

There is an in game typo on the box.
You're right, that's cryptic's Fault.
They made a Typo.
And the claim I am hearing is that because of a Typo, they now simply HAVE to give the ship the ability to be traded.

It's beyond ridiculous.
Captain
# 14
12-29-2012, 01:48 PM
I have to agree with other folks in this thread. Why were you even working to get a ship without researching it to begin with? Did you even know the stats of the ship before you started grinding for the pictures? Or did you just mindlessly pursue the newest shiny toy you were told to get excited about?

The detailed information on this ship could have been accessed in a multitude of ways. Game information can be wrong (and has been wrong, repeatedly), human error applies. That's why you always double-check other sources. If someone's so effing casual that they can't be arsed to spend 10 minutes looking up the details of a ship they're trying to get. . .then it sucks to be them, and I hope I don't have to work with them in an STF or other team mission. . .because this sort of carelessness casts doubts on their competence as a gamer.
Lieutenant
# 15
12-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Facebook
Email
The STO Website (News Section)
The many STO Podcasts and Blogs
The multitude of various interviews on varied MMO sites around the web.
The many recent costume promotions on various MMO sites.
Articles on MMO sites.
Brandon and Kiki's (Who the heck is Kiki?) new video report thing.
The STO forums.
Twitter Feeds from BFlakes and other Devs.
All those are complementary methods of informatin. Main its ingame, and the only one that 99% players see.
http://flotahispana.com/imagenes/fhlogoforo.png

Siguenos en: Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
There is no one to blame here for lack of understanding how this FREE ship worked, except for the individual who was too lazy to read even a page of information about the ship.
+1 this.... and beside can't people be happy about getting a ship that for the most part would be in a lockbox, take about $100+ to get or be some 100mil ec on the exchange?

MY FLEET:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=498091

Last edited by matchstick606; 12-29-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
12-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
All those are complementary methods of informatin. Main its ingame, and the only one that 99% players see.
You totally ignore the rest of the point and focus on this part , okay.

You are claiming that someone , manages to be computer literate enough to download, install and play this game, yet they NEVER ever check any of the MANY sources of information about the game. They never check Email, or Facebook, or Twitter or the website. heck, from the sound of what you lay out, these people must just avoid the internet.

Fine. The only way that these mystical, magical people have to get information on the game is from within the game itself.

How then do they even know the ship is available ?
Seriously ?
How did they know the winter event was happening ?

Oh and lastly, how in the world did they ever find the STO Forums to come and complain about something ?

You claim "It's Logic !" to trust in the information in game.

I say "It's foolish !" to NOT supplement in game information with outside sources.

I guess , my inability to blindly trust everything I am spoon fed in the game, and need to go to forums and wikis and blogs and podcasts to become a better player makes me incapable of understanding the basics of your argument.

Last edited by hippiejon; 12-29-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
12-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Then realistically, that's their problem. The information is readily available and the tooltips in STO are known to be about as accurate as Comical Ali, with that being the case there's no one to blame but themselves for having spent less than an hour running around an icy circuit to get a lock box quality ship that's character bound and can't be traded.
Concessimus etiam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri, et dedit pro nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum, quibus libertates subscriptas, habendas et tenendas eis et heredibus suis de nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum.
Captain
# 19
12-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:

Ring...Ring...Ring

"Hello, whiner line..."

Ya know, if you don't like it, don't claim the ship.

I'm GLAD it's bound, takes the pressure of me trying to decide which toon gets to fly it.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 20
12-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Why does this thread exist? It's been stated literally DOZENS of times in DOZENS of ways that this ship is CHARACTER BOUND. It was stated at the very start of the event. It was stated throughout the event. Every email involving this ship has said the bugger is BOUND UPON PICKUP. Get your head out of your rear and read.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.