Captain
This is something that's bothered me ever since I found it out, but I have kept to myself... until now.

Yesterday, I did a Cardassian exchange program, and I sent in a green quality DOff. I got a green one back, only this one was a civilian. So I looked at my DOff list, and to my chagrin, I found 10 cardassian civies sitting looking pretty.

So I feel I must ask... why can we not use civilians as part of the exchange program? I mean, at first you will answer "they aren't officers. DUH." Well my answer would be "neither are the ones we get back. DUH." So again, if we can get civilians from these officer exchange programs, why can't we send civilians on them?

Just a thought.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Rihannsu
# 2
12-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah, I agree it's an annoying assymetry...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 3
12-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
...So again, if we can get civilians from these officer exchange programs, why can't we send civilians on them?

Just a thought.
And it's a good thought, one I've thunk before, too.

If they aren't going to allow Civis to be Exchanged away, then I wish they'd fix that "bug" and take civilians out of the rewards table for the Officer Exchanges assignments. I don't need anymore Bartenders and Chefs.

Of course, ideally, I wish STO's systems tech allowed the assignment to determine the type of input so that the Exchange assignments could return a matching officer. I send a Projectile Weapon Officer, I get back a PWO (with possibly different species, traits, ability, and quality, naturally), but same Specialization.

If not the exact same specialization, then at least the same department: If I send a Diagnostic Engineer, I might get back a Technician, but never a Conn Officer. Or if I send a Biochemist, I might get back a Medic/Nurse, but not a Botanist. And so on.

It's good to dream, I guess.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 4
12-27-2012, 11:33 PM
I personally don't mind the randomization. It's part of the DOff gamble. But like I said in OP, I seriously HATE when I send a non-civi and get a civi back, and I can't send the civi back for something else. Infuriating. The best I can hope for is I get a non-white civi that I can turn into whites to send again =P.

But that doesn't work with the Cardi exchange, since efficient and edetic memory are rare in general.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Captain
# 5
12-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Bump. Stupid civies.
Captain
# 6
12-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah, this has erked me a bit too,

That and my on/off paranoia that all i get from officer/dominion prisoner exchanges are often 3 traited, blue, warp theorist/civilians,

Only last week i was horrified to receive a WHITE quality cardasian for a blue with 2 traits >_<

bleh.
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Captain
# 7
12-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Yeah, this has erked me a bit too,

That and my on/off paranoia that all i get from officer/dominion prisoner exchanges are often 3 traited, blue, warp theorist/civilians,

Only last week i was horrified to receive a WHITE quality cardasian for a blue with 2 traits >_<

bleh.
On the plus side, as long as you don't get a civi, you can trade it back.
Rihannsu
# 8
12-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Bump. Stupid civies.
Hey don't bump, it's the holidays and Cryptic's all out on vacay. And besides it's against the rules to bump a thread.

(This isn't a bump.)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Career Officer
# 9
12-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Hey don't bump, it's the holidays and Cryptic's all out on vacay. And besides it's against the rules to bump a thread.

(This isn't a bump.)

No... it's more like a Grind.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Rihannsu
# 10
12-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Reading "bump and grind" and then seeing your sig pic made me LOL Davey.

Thanks.