Career Officer
For the last TWO YEARS NOW, every time our Captain beams in or out, we have to look at the same black string thong. Why, PWE?

One would think that with all the efforts to improve the game, add new content, further monetize the game, more redundant upgrades for ships, weapons, costumes, doffs, boffs, etc...it would occur to the guys at PWE to add upgrades for that ONE costume element that is completely customizable.

Offering costume upgrades for the Undies slot would alleviate this monotony. If a selection of male, female and other underwear were available - argyle or heart-print boxers, or a selection of panties, boyshorts and the like, I think everyone would agree that most players would be willing to spend substantially more Zen - and real life $$$ - on such an item than on the far less stimulating current offerings.

PWE needs to step up its T&A offerings to remain competitive with newer MMOs such as TERA Online, with T&A generally accepted as far superior to STOs.

GW2's failure was in large part due to its lacking the leggy, busty, and steatopygous races of WoW. GW2 shared many programming elements with STO (e.g., the interact menu, lockbox system and Dil exchange), but its character customization lacked STO's most compelling feature, one that has been integral to the continued success of the game: the boob slider.

The constant appearance of the SAME costume item EVERY TIME any of our characters do a beam-in/out for the last two years is inexcusable. Of course some fanboys will try to argue that PWE's performance in this regards is already more than acceptable, that there isn't a problem, that other MMOs don't do this better.

I disagree. We the playerbase deserve better, and whatever may be said on the forums, most players would in fact be willing to spend Zen on some exciting variety. PWE is a business out to make money, and I struggle to understand why they neglect the obvious demands for an improvement to the current situation with our Captains' undies.
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Before the devs spend time getting into this prurient nonsense, I think that they should make the game more fair for the average, casual player by instituting an account-wide dil refining cap.
Career Officer
# 3
12-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post
Before the devs spend time getting into this prurient nonsense, I think that they should make the game more fair for the average, casual player by instituting an account-wide dil refining cap.
You only know the word "prurient" because you saw it on the warning labels on those terrible 80s VHS movies. I won't make you admit anything else about your actual reasons for posting this "suggestion", but you do have to admit that.

And you have to admit that's the reason you bought a VHS deck and not a Betamax.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-29-2012, 04:38 PM
There should be Full length winter underwear (with trapdoor at the back) for ALL races and genders except the Gorn (who should have feetie pjs)
Career Officer
# 5
12-29-2012, 05:38 PM
I support OP's proposal both ironically and unironically.
Captain
# 6
12-29-2012, 05:44 PM
No. Has no gameplay benefit, and extremely minimal self-gratification from watching a brief flicker as your own avatar beams. There's thousands of hours of work left to do on character generation and costuming, things that actually get seen on a minute by minute basis, before we worry about something as stupid as what underwear our captain wears.
Captain
# 7
12-29-2012, 05:49 PM
This is my new favorite thread! I agree with it whole heartedly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivenneanthony View Post
Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.
-vivenneanthony 2014
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Waste of time. You barely see it.
It would be a better and simpler effort if they allow Orion to remove the loincloth and leaving with what underneath it. At least that has a pattern and several color pallet chose and you can constantly see it.
Republic Veteran
# 9
12-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah I see where this is going...lets put vending machines around ESD for those kinds of people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
12-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Or, or, they could fix the beam in animation so that skirts don't go transparent during beam in and outs. That way my female characters can wear skirts without exposing everybody to their underwear =P.