Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 775
# 31
12-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Eh, I'll repeat what I've said before on these topics on occasion. Drop the antiquated roll system entirely and give everyone their own randomly determined loot drops from every mob when running group content.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 32
12-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Defiant was a flying bomb
it was slightly stronger than the tos enterprise
it was not intended to survive battle

and it didn't
Are you referring to an episode where hundreds of other ships of various sizes were also destroyed as definitive proof that the Defiant isn't durable? And where do you get that it's only slightly stronger than a TOS ship?

Gul Dukat himself admitted that the Defiant was one of the most heavily armed warships in the entire Cardassian sector. That's pretty high praise considering who it's coming from!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 33
12-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Defiant broke down over a dozen times in minor contacts

the Gul is a professional liar and never spoke the truth on screen in his life time
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 34
12-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Defiant broke down over a dozen times in minor contacts

the Gul is a professional liar and never spoke the truth on screen in his life time
Hahaha what?

Did a Defiant steal your Christmas tree?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 35
12-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Not everyone celebrates christmas (or has a tree)

The Defiant broke down
bits fell off
bits failed

it was maintained by NOG for a while
its a junker

the thing is designed as a flying bomb for that matter (the bit on the front is a WARHEAD)

its one of the most over rated ships in the series
(the other one being the bloody delta flyer)
And in game its usually the mark of someone with more money than skill
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 36
12-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Not everyone celebrates christmas (or has a tree)

The Defiant broke down
bits fell off
bits failed

it was maintained by NOG for a while
its a junker

the thing is designed as a flying bomb for that matter (the bit on the front is a WARHEAD)

its one of the most over rated ships in the series
(the other one being the bloody delta flyer)
And in game its usually the mark of someone with more money than skill
When did any of those things ever happen? The bit on the front is the navigational deflector, not a warhead.

I don't recall Sisko ever wondering if that was the primary buffer panel that just fell off his gorram ship.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 37
12-29-2012, 04:52 PM
its a seperation module (and it explodes) so its a warhead

as to when did it happen

watch the episodes
see how often things broke , fell off or went bang

often when someone Really needed to cloak it would not
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 38
12-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
its a seperation module (and it explodes) so its a warhead

as to when did it happen

watch the episodes
see how often things broke , fell off or went bang

often when someone Really needed to cloak it would not
Yeah, I've seen DS9. They never, ever used the "separation module" on the Defiant... it wasn't a thing. That's the navigational deflector. When, exactly, did things break, fall off, or go bang, especially compared to how often something would go wrong on the other shows?

I've also seen the rest of Star Trek, where every ship would have important parts stop working as the plot required -- that was just how the writer wrote those episodes.

Watching Voyager, you'd think the solution to every problem on an Intrepid-class ship was to dump the warp core. The Enterprise-D had a warp core breach whenever a stiff breeze carried an autumn leaf into a nacelle. Both ships had chronic holodeck problems that endangered the crews on a nearly weekly basis.

You've just got an irrational distaste for the Defiant class. That's fine that you don't like it, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. It's pretty funny how you feel like you have to make stuff up to justify how much you dislike it, though.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 39
12-29-2012, 05:03 PM
it officially has more faults than ANY other canon ship

and if you include books etc it gets worse
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 40
12-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
it officially has more faults than ANY other canon ship

and if you include books etc it gets worse
Try showing some actual proof of that, or step down man.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:32 AM.