Captain
# 1 Elite Fleet Equipment
12-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I looked on the STO wiki and used the search here, but I can't find much information on fleet gear.

I was wondering what special attributes Elite Fleet Deflectors and Shields have and what types of shields and deflectors are offered.

Edit: also want to hear about weapons and hangar items from anyone who has unlocked those finally.

Last edited by raptor63549; 02-02-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
12-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
I looked on the STO wiki and used the search here, but I can't find much information on fleet gear.

I was wondering what special attributes Elite Fleet Deflectors and Shields have and what types of shields and deflectors are offered.
Here's an album with a few semi-random tooltips. That ought to give you some idea of the attributes.
Captain
# 3
12-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Here's an album with a few semi-random tooltips. That ought to give you some idea of the attributes.
Ah, that's perfect, thank you.

Never heard of a Fermion or Axion Deflector. Do those two completely replace the regular deflector types (Tachyon, Gravimetric, Positron & Neutrino)? I don't think I know what [ENG] does.

Being a Science vessel captain, those deflectors are damn nice, I usually run 2set since most 3set bonuses are fairly weak, but it's gonna be hard to choose which piece to replace with fleet equipment.

Last edited by raptor63549; 12-29-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Captain
# 4
12-30-2012, 01:47 AM
[ENG] appears to be the Electro-Plasma System since the top 3 are from the type of deflector. [Flow] appears to be Flow Capacitors and [Ins] appears to be Power Insulators.
Commander
# 5
12-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Whoa...awesome. I need to get me some of that.

What does the "579 items remaining" thing mean?
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted
Career Officer
# 6
12-30-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Never heard of a Fermion or Axion Deflector. Do those two completely replace the regular deflector types (Tachyon, Gravimetric, Positron & Neutrino)? I don't think I know what [ENG] does.
They do replace the normal types. And the [ENG] mod is for the electro-plasma skill bonus.

Personally, I just use one of the elite fleet resilient shields, elite fleet engines, and a positron deflector with [shds] and [SIF] mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloace View Post
Whoa...awesome. I need to get me some of that.

What does the "579 items remaining" thing mean?
That's just the number of science provisions the fleet had when I took those screencaps.
Commander
# 7
12-30-2012, 10:09 AM
What do the Ultra Rare Fighters look like on the Fed side.

I asked this on the Klingon side, but apparently no one has a starbase advanced enough to know, except for the Elite Scorpians you get for Romulan Marks.

So does anyone have access to Elite Pergrines, Elite Delta Fliers, Elite Stalkers and the like?
Captain
# 8
12-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
They do replace the normal types.
That's actually kinda disappointing.

One type seems geared towards weapon damage by having maneuvers and targeting systems, and the other is geared toward hull tanking by having hull repair and structural integrity. Where't the science vessel love, [SciCdr] sounds great, but I'm not sure it makes up for losing the power boosts? Positron is good for shield tanking but also gives a slight hull buff (only moderately redundant), graviton buffs your holds and disables (not redundant), tachyon buffs drains and damages (not redundant), and neutrino buffs your science resists (not redundant).

It wouldn't be so bad if we had a better affix selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
What do the Ultra Rare Fighters look like on the Fed side.
Has anyone even unlocked tier 5 science yet? I was under the impression it was still a couple weeks too soon for anyone to have possibly reached that.

If people have started unlocking things, though. I'd love to hear about fighters and weapons.
Ensign
# 9
12-31-2012, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Has anyone even unlocked tier 5 science yet? I was under the impression it was still a couple weeks too soon for anyone to have possibly reached that.

If people have started unlocking things, though. I'd love to hear about fighters and weapons.
Not yet but atm we can do educated guess with 90% probability

Scorpion fighters from Romulans reputation are exactly same as peregrines just use plasma weapons.

The elite version of scorpion is same as advanced one but have high yield 1. So based on this elite peregrines will be same as purples ones we have atm but will have additional high yield 1 skill.

Pretty powerfull stuff considering you can launch 6 per hangar...
Commander
# 10
12-31-2012, 06:38 AM
What I had been hoping to see and don't is a deflector with a large flowcapacitor bonus, currently i'm using a tachyon deflector mk XII with a single flwc bonus on it since it was the best I could find, the 10% cooldown is attractive but might not overcome the loss of skill effectiveness in use