Commander
# 21
12-28-2012, 06:42 AM
Maybe they're not supposed to be equivalent.
Yes, Romulan Marks are harder to accumulate by several orders of magnitude, but maybe that's by design.

Not saying that I agree with that design, just playing devil's advocate.
Some companies keep the players interested by having so much content you couldn't go through it all as fast as it's released, Cryptic achieves the same with timers.
Got your 60 Romulan Marks? You can't get them anymore today! Enjoy the daily wait! Have fun accumulating 500 for a project!

Oh, and forget about alts!
Running ESTFs on alts is possible, but trekking all the way to Tau Dewa, doing the daily and trekking back to ESD on several chars takes entirely too long.
Azure Nebula and the Vault Ensnared give way too little to be justifiable.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiscustodiet View Post
Maybe they're not supposed to be equivalent.
Yes, Romulan Marks are harder to accumulate by several orders of magnitude, but maybe that's by design.
But that's the thing.... Rom marks are trivially easy to get. Just not "A couple hundred within 20 minutes of deciding I want some more, BAM! - 2 ESTFs with my regular awesome crew of fleeties".

So, basically, the ESTF crowd want a Rom equivalent of dilithium "clickies", because they can't be bothered to "put in the effort/time/do the intended content" for them.... .while insisting that anyone who wants Omega marks - has to put in the time/effort/do the intended STF content.

Quote:
Not saying that I agree with that design, just playing devil's advocate.
Some companies keep the players interested by having so much content you couldn't go through it all as fast as it's released, Cryptic achieves the same with timers.
Got your 60 Romulan Marks? You can't get them anymore today! Enjoy the daily wait! Have fun accumulating 500 for a project!

Oh, and forget about alts!
Running ESTFs on alts is possible, but trekking all the way to Tau Dewa, doing the daily and trekking back to ESD on several chars takes entirely too long.
...."trekking back to ESD"? Did you forget your transwarp button?

Meh, whatever. Like I said, I've got hundreds and thousands of Rom marks spread among three characters. Admittedly, this has been helped by the winter event, which will soon go away. But it still didn't take much time at all. And I've long stopped doing most of the Rom dailies for them - getting a bunch is EASY. Just, like I said, not 200 within 30 minutes of deciding you want some.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
12-30-2012, 01:11 AM
It doesnt matter...they should have a repeatable ELITE ROMULAN STF that awards Romulan Marks instead of Omega...

Keep the ELITE Borg STF's we have now, but come up with a couple new space ELITE Romulan STF style of instances which awards comparable romulan marks (50-100) like the elite borg stf's.

You can sit there for 10 hours and farm well over 1000 omega marks in a day

WE need the same thing for romulan marks...not everyone wants to goto this boring new romulas crap and do the stupid dailies and repeat nebula rescue over and over again for 18 marks max...not to mention pray that we get lucky and get into the tholian red alert that is still broke

As it is right now, we can obtain omega marks much quicker and a much larger amount in a day than we can romulan marks..please even this out

I have done all the dailies on new romulas once after i hit tier 5 rep, i have done all the space dailies and the red alert and still can not come close in mark gain like i can omega.

I dont want to goto new romulas anymore, i dont want to do those dailies. I really hope they come up with an elite Romulan group instance that is comparable to elite stf's
Captain
# 24
12-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Depends on playstyle. Some people are rolling in Omega Marks. Some are rolling in Romulan Marks. Although I will mention this about Tier 5 in Romulan. You don't need as much Romulan Marks as you need Omega Marks. There is the Experimental Plasma Beam Array which costs 500 Romulan Marks, the ultra-rare scorpion fighters which costs 240 Romulan Marks, various consumable items which costs 10 Romulan Marks each, then the 2 space sets that are almost identical and some would say worthless. You get 750 Romulan Marks for finishing the last cutscene mission. So trading in an epohh elder and that mission reward would give people enough Romulan Marks for the useful Tier 5 equipment assuming you want 2 ultra-rare scorpion fighters. So we really don't need a Romulan STF. What we do need is easier ways to get Omega Marks since not everyone wants to do tons of elite STFs.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
12-30-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Depends on playstyle. Some people are rolling in Omega Marks. Some are rolling in Romulan Marks. Although I will mention this about Tier 5 in Romulan. You don't need as much Romulan Marks as you need Omega Marks. There is the Experimental Plasma Beam Array which costs 500 Romulan Marks, the ultra-rare scorpion fighters which costs 240 Romulan Marks, various consumable items which costs 10 Romulan Marks each, then the 2 space sets that are almost identical and some would say worthless. You get 750 Romulan Marks for finishing the last cutscene mission. So trading in an epohh elder and that mission reward would give people enough Romulan Marks for the useful Tier 5 equipment assuming you want 2 ultra-rare scorpion fighters. So we really don't need a Romulan STF. What we do need is easier ways to get Omega Marks since not everyone wants to do tons of elite STFs.
The romulan and reman space sets are stil 900 marks for each piece..and alot of the other projects require 500 or more for items..the amount of romulan marks obtained from tedious dailies is not close to on par with that of omega marks not to mention the amount of a players time it takes to complete the ridiculous amount of ground dailies and just having to be on the boring romulas planet. Like I said, not everyone wants to take part in that new romulas stuff..there is variety ground/space for omega, please give us variety ground/elite space for romulan stuff as well.
Captain
# 26
12-30-2012, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
The romulan and reman space sets are stil 900 marks for each piece..
They cost 750 Marks per item which is fairly reasonable if you have raised a few epohh's and keep the tier 5 bonus of 750 marks in mind.

Still, I agree with the statement that Romulan Marks are generally harder to accumulate. With Romulan Marks there is always some sort of waiting time involved, with both epohh's and the daily, while you can accumulate hundreds of Omega Marks in a single day by just playing a few elite STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-30-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
TStill, I agree with the statement that Romulan Marks are generally harder to accumulate. With Romulan Marks there is always some sort of waiting time involved

So like I said.... they're not harder to accumulate. They're just harder to accumulate NOW.

That's not difficulty. That's patience.

(And this is why I keep having trouble understanding people saying that Rom marks are "harder" to get than Omega marks. Omega marks take a coordinated team, good gear, strategy, and understanding of game concepts. Rom marks just take a bit of time. How the second can be rated as "harder" than the first, boggles my mind.)
Career Officer
# 28
12-30-2012, 06:47 AM
As I see it. There is really two things to do to get a small stack of romulan marks.
1. Grind 300 radiationsamples gives 30 marks. It is actually not something that cost you much time.
2. Epoohs. Breed these suckers and you'll get hundreds of marks. Make it into a routine and follow up on the epoohs daily, and marks will fill up quicker than you can use them. Litterally. (Can only refine 8000 dil...)
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 29
12-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
Like I said, not everyone wants to take part in that new romulas stuff..there is variety ground/space for omega, please give us variety ground/elite space for romulan stuff as well.
There is no variety in the Omega system. There are STFs, Borg Red Alerts, or Deferi Invasion. Compare that to Romulan Marks with team based content, red alert, various ground missions, repeatable story missions, radiation scanning, and epohh raising. The only solo content is the easy missions in the Deferi Invasions for Omega Marks. Omega Marks are easy for people that like to team, but is far more tedious for people that only solo. All thats necessary to get enough Romulan Marks to level up each day is do the Tau Dewa Daily every day or two. That is easy solo content while doing it on Deferi would take far too long each day.

If people that despise STFs need to run Elite STFs, then people that despise chasing after bunnies can do Epohh Raising. Only when there are better ways for Omega Marks through solo content should elite Romulan missions should be added.