Captain
# 21
12-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
~snip We live on a planet with very clear definitions of up and down. It is so hard for people to get rid of that feeling, that there are even very clear definitions of up and down in fiction, even when it makes no logical sense. .
This is IMO a silly argument...

I've played a ton of games with no axis-restriction, and while granted, it takes about 10 mins to get used to, it really isn't that hard.

If you can't figure out 3D movement, then how are you smart enough to look up and down?

The argument is just not valid on any level if you ask me...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 22
12-30-2012, 06:51 AM
I dunno about you but most Sci Fi games don't allow ships larger then Frigates to do any big maneuvers taking X3 - Terran Conflict as a example you could barrel roll a Destroyer but due to the limited navigation thrusters it just would take to long to do it and would be pointless other then Defiant I haven't really seen any ship on Star Trek doing any crazy maneuvers and this is a ship who's mere size was often up for debate since they could never seem to decide what size the ship was ... it was different from episode to episode

even the Sovereign does not do any big maneuvers the only time the Sovereign flipped upside down almost was in Insurrection and that was because it was hit by the shockwave of the gass exploding and as i recall they took quite a bit of damage from it and a few people was thrown around
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
12-30-2012, 06:52 AM
To everyone who is saying you would get disorintated, in my first Post I specified a "B Mode" That means if you dont want 360 then you don have to have it. Also on the 2009 film , there was some rolls and a go up. I am more wanting the ability to go 360 and roll more than anytin and have a b mode so if people dont want it ... Fine.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 12-30-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
12-30-2012, 06:56 AM
And also it would be quite fun
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

Career Officer
# 25
12-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
And also it would be quite fun
no just stupid just because you want it don't make it fit the theme of the setting I have never seen ships in star trek do the maneuvers a true 360 direction would allow so it's not canon and it has no place in STO
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
12-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
To everyone who is saying you would get disorintated, in my first Post I specified a "B Mode" That means if you dont want 360 then you don have to have it. Also on the 2009 film , there was some rolls and a go up. I am more wanting the ability to go 360 and roll more than anytin and have a b mode so if people dont want it ... Fine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
no just stupid just because you want it don't make it fit the theme of the setting I have never seen ships in star trek do the maneuvers a true 360 direction would allow so it's not canon and it has no place in STO
How is it stupid. STO is not very cannon sometimes you know. Bu 360 does not mean you have ti 360 it just means that space flight would be more accurate, beacuse there is no up or down, but currently there is. In star trek there appears to be no up or down to make oit easy for you.