Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Fleet PvP?
12-30-2012, 08:33 AM
I think a Fun use of the fleet holodecks to have a fleet v fleet pvp battle. Or rather FvF

As as example
My Fleet v Fleet abc123 (made up, if there is a fleet called that no offence)

We decided that we will defend beacuse we have a defensive team. 5 in our team and 10 - 15 on the other side. Sounds unfair ... Dont forget though you can use fleet thing-y-os and we have a danm big starbase to fight for us. Then if we win; we win marks, and if they win they win marks. Then if they choose to, They can attack your base but from the inside. You have to defend yourself agianst them. And the key to win is take over 50 % of the lounge by killing the guards!

What do you think?
PS This is just a guide, if you think of anything better, please say!
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 12-30-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Wrong tense and grammar.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
12-30-2012, 08:42 AM
i think the team with 15 will splat your starbase.

regardless it sounds fun.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-30-2012, 08:53 AM
I think something along these lines is a great idea.

I think they could incorporate it in to the PVP queue, and then each fleet takes a side and they do a series of pvp fights. The queue would only allow fleet members on the appropriate team. The rewards should be greater because it will be more of a hassle to get a fleet team together than a pug team, or even a non fleet premade.

Extending existing game features instead of doing something completely new should make it easier and faster to implement.

As far as canon goes, fed v fed and kdf v kdf will be practice battles, and fed v kdf can be actual attacks and defense etc. It would be cool if the Defenders had some map advantages, ie like the starbase would fire or deploy fighters or something, but had some less people.

15 to 5 seems like extremely not the right numbers

Something like 10 to 7, or 5 to 3 seems like it might work though.

One good idea would be to scale the rewards so that the more people who take part in the battle means more rewards for everyone. This would encourage fleets to get as many members invovled as ossible, as well as to try to get 17+ people.

Lastly, I think it would be great if Fleet battle records were kept for something like this, so that you could check out your Fleet's record overall as well as vs other fleets. This would be all text, so it should be easy to implement. It would also add a sense of long term accomplishment to have your fleet do well, or try to improve.

This is not territorial pvp which would be even better, but this would make a great fleet pvp feature that should not be too difficult to include in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestedguy View Post
I think something along these lines is a great idea.

I think they could incorporate it in to the PVP queue, and then each fleet takes a side and they do a series of pvp fights. The queue would only allow fleet members on the appropriate team. The rewards should be greater because it will be more of a hassle to get a fleet team together than a pug team, or even a non fleet premade.

Extending existing game features instead of doing something completely new should make it easier and faster to implement.

As far as canon goes, fed v fed and kdf v kdf will be practice battles, and fed v kdf can be actual attacks and defense etc. It would be cool if the Defenders had some map advantages, ie like the starbase would fire or deploy fighters or something, but had some less people.

15 to 5 seems like extremely not the right numbers

Something like 10 to 7, or 5 to 3 seems like it might work though.

One good idea would be to scale the rewards so that the more people who take part in the battle means more rewards for everyone. This would encourage fleets to get as many members invovled as ossible, as well as to try to get 17+ people.

Lastly, I think it would be great if Fleet battle records were kept for something like this, so that you could check out your Fleet's record overall as well as vs other fleets. This would be all text, so it should be easy to implement. It would also add a sense of long term accomplishment to have your fleet do well, or try to improve.

This is not territorial pvp which would be even better, but this would make a great fleet pvp feature that should not be too difficult to include in the game.
Sir ... You have hit the nail on the head. BTW in my post I did specifiy that defenders to make up for the small group would get tactial handy caps. Maybe inside, there could be a forcefeild (which can be activated remotely) to delay the attackers
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 5
12-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Its a fantastic idea. Sadly Dstahl actually promised us this a few months before Season 6 was revealed. He said it'd open up lots of new PVP game types to not only defend the base and its facilities in space but on the ground too...

... Season 8 is now being drawn up, and we've seen jack sh*t :/