Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,566
# 171
12-30-2012, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
well they said theres new "tech" and season 9 will be for pvp....
There is the supposed new tech and there's what you can do with it .
Cryptic/Gozer have been utterly silent (afaik) as to what this new tech supposedly does .
All I know was that a test map was in progress that had the division between kdf/fed erased and they all fought together as two teams .

That's not much info (to make judgement upon) , but to me it does not address neither the Death Machines VS One Week Admirals issue , nor the constant (unintentional) screwing about w/pvp powers when something in PVE gets introduced/altered .

Quote:
you cant put everyone on equal footing either because of the power creep theyve introduced needlessly.
Not sure what you mean by "power creep" . "OP" ships/powers ? Doffs ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
Play low level PvP (ok, stay in low level Ker'rat). It's so refreshing to play with and against players that have free ships and one, rather meaningless variation of them, no consoles, no sets and actually no DOFFs. And you have more or less the same. Either you win or loose, but your graphic card does not freeze from the spam throwed by both sides and if you loose you know, that you lost because other side was better and had better skills, not because they had more time to get all the rep, DOFFs, sets and other stuff.

If Cryptic could only allow to stay on one level without leveling I would probably return to the game (leveling new toon to cmdr each few weeks is not fun). Or if there was some sort of "no cheese, no DOFFs, no sets" PvP area for lvl 50 (but this wont happen - money must flow, after all).
I have to agree that low level PVP is the best .
Few powers VS few powers -- instead of the over bloated power extravaganza that only multiple keybinds can make use of at this point -- I laugh when I think what else can they throw in this bloated soup at the next Tier .

When a low level player only has to remember :
This Heals Me ,
This Heals My Shields ,
This Makes Me Go Faster ,
This Gives Me a Little Extra Pew-Pew,

When the new player has to remember only 4 things -- he will concentrate more on the battle , and likely give you a better fight .
He does not have to deal with 4 offensive powers being keybind and unleashed as one ('cause he prolly can't keybind and at best uses them one by one) and so on and so forth .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 172
12-30-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
There is the supposed new tech and there's what you can do with it .
Cryptic/Gozer have been utterly silent (afaik) as to what this new tech supposedly does .
All I know was that a test map was in progress that had the division between kdf/fed erased and they all fought together as two teams .

That's not much info (to make judgement upon) , but to me it does not address neither the Death Machines VS One Week Admirals issue , nor the constant (unintentional) screwing about w/pvp powers when something in PVE gets introduced/altered .



Not sure what you mean by "power creep" . "OP" ships/powers ? Doffs ?

.
gozer left a long time ago, no word from the "new"pvp guy since. just that theres new tech and its being worked on. -_-

yes, power creep. where every NEW item added to the game is more powerful then the last.

the vesta is the perfect example. it has the best sci officer layout one could ask for, it has a nice turn rate, good shields and a hanger bay. -edit- i almost forgot that not only can it equip cannons, it comes with aux powered duel heavy cannons with accx2! i mean... good god!

what could they possibly release as a science vessel that would make you want to give up the vesta? why only something more powerful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?

Last edited by maicake716; 12-30-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 173
12-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
what could they possibly release as a science vessel that would make you want to give up the vesta? why only something more powerful.
ya they pretty much cant top the vesta sci ship wise, its the best in every way already, and can do 2 things no other sci ship can
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 174
12-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ya they pretty much cant top the vesta sci ship wise, its the best in every way already, and can do 2 things no other sci ship can
im just waiting for a fed ship to have the turn of the jem, the shields of a time,the hull of an oddy, and count as "sci", and can equip cannons and have 2 flight bays.


you know itll happen....

super mega carrier!

-_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:26 AM.