Career Officer
# 21
12-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
This game needs a lot of balancing before PVP, I played a few matches of PVP when I first started on the game and found in unbalanced and quite boring and I do play PVP on other games. So I think this bootcamp is them trying to breathe life into a dead fire and a waste of time.
No offense, but a "few" matches don't give you an accurate picture of the game at all.

Losing is a part of life in any PvP game. You can't possibly expect to be as good as people that have been PvPing for the life of the game in a short amount of time.
Captain
# 22
12-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Or people actually want to get better at the game.
You will see after this bootcamp thingy how many will continue playing
Career Officer
# 23
12-24-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm actually looking forward to having a look over on my build as its mainly for pve (but does well in a few pvp rounds here and there) aswell as having some fun with the boot camp in gen.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Career Officer
# 24
12-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Signed up awhile back for the boot camp, well before the deadline.

Received no in-game e-mail, from the organizer or my "coach".

Here I sit in game today....and still nothing.

Very disappointing.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 25
12-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlordskull73 View Post

Very disappointing.
Sorry to hear, OLS Is it possible that your in-game privacy settings did not allow mail to be received by those not on your friends list, or your @handle was incorrect in the registration thread? Either way, we still have 2 more sessions tonight (EST and EST makeup) -- details here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=493831

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 26
12-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Sorry to hear, OLS Is it possible that your in-game privacy settings did not allow mail to be received by those not on your friends list, or your @handle was incorrect in the registration thread? Either way, we still have 2 more sessions tonight (EST and EST makeup) -- details here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=493831

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
The Privacy settings has a rare bug that can affect player and they not realize it. The bug is that the server thinks your privacy settings are on. Yet the game client will display them as off. An work around is to set your privacy settings to on, and then turn privacy settings off. (and then back to what your really want them to be).

(This bug has shown up in Champions Online and Star Trek Online)
Career Officer
# 27
12-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlordskull73 View Post

Very disappointing.
Sorry to hear about the miscommunication, Skully. You certainly wernt the only person not notified via ingame PM.

However, the dates and times for todays sessions were postsd on these forums, and all over the PVP BootCamp website that all attendants are duggested to join.

However however, there will be a makeup session on i think January 5th so you still have a chance. That will then lead on to Session #2 times that will take place on Jan 26th, i believe.

Last edited by aquitaine985; 12-30-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Career Officer
# 28
12-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Glad to see that the Boot Camp has been a success.

I get warm fuzzies at the thought of more people becoming PvPers.
Captain
# 29
12-30-2012, 04:10 AM
There will be other registration dates for future lessons? Maybe in January?
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Captain
# 30
12-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Will the PvP Boot Camp become a requirement for playing PvP events?

Will the PvP Boot Camp enforce the use of TeamSpeak in all PvP events?

How will this new training camp promote tolerance between elite pvp players and pick up groups?

Since this is being considered as a 'boot camp', will there be new guidelines established for all PvP players?

Is the PvP Boot Camp a temporary or permanent fixture to "Star Trek: Online"?

Will the PvP Boot Camp be used to coverup Cryptic's inability to flesh out PvP battlegrounds and environments? PvP Boot Camp = Cryptic's inability to create a new PvP environment? Foundry Spotlight = Cryptic's inability to create a new set of featured episodes? Players doing the work in which Cryptic employees are responsible for?

If players are doing all the work, why are people paying Cryptic for their lack of services?

Last edited by linyive; 12-30-2012 at 12:09 PM.