Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,742
# 11
12-30-2012, 12:32 PM
The ship was free, all it required was 5 minutes (if that) out of your day. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you want to quit the game because of a ship, then quit the game. Stop whinging.

I too acquired the Breen Warship (more so because I could rather than because I wanted one). I like the bridge officer layout, but I can't say I'm overly fond of the ship, and alike you, I also found myself not handling well in STF's (though I should note here I went up against the Borg using Polaron weaponry, and I still think that was a bad idea. Talk about shooting blanks).

Still, what did I do? Come here and complain? No. I jumped back in to an older ship and continued on my merry way.

Edit: For what it's worth, I think the Chel Grett should be underpowered. They're hardly the pride of Starfleet, and the Chel Grett, as with many lock box ships is either on par, or more powerful than various fleet ships. That shouldn't be the case at all.

Last edited by flash525; 12-30-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,528
# 12
12-30-2012, 12:54 PM
I like it how you say the galor and vesta are junk. Virtually the top ships of their classes. Seems like an user error, the first might have been some heavy plasma or invisible, but the 7 others... user failure.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,477
# 13
12-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
definitely need more info - Maco X12 set - standard stf - die in the first 5 seconds

there is only 1 way this could happen - you flew right up to the cube and got hit point blank with a HY plasma torp from the cube.
Considering I can do that (facehug a cube and eat an HYT on normal) in a ship considerably less durable than the Breen-mobile and survive, it's definitely user error.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 192
# 14
12-30-2012, 01:01 PM
im running the chel grett with mk XI purple polarons and junk mk XI purple shields inpulse and engines at the moment and have never gone under 98%. you are indeed doing something wrong.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 22
# 15
12-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Explain your goal: To be affective in game; I've used every type of ship in this game and I've utilized and experimented with each setup I can find and some of my own when it comes to Bridge Officer stations and skills. This particular ship offers very little for the time it took to get.
Fore weapons: Two Dual Beam Antiproton Advanced Fleet, one Anti-borg Antiproton DHC, One Tricobolt Anti-borg Acc X 3 device all MK XII
Aft weapons Two Spiral Disrupters (MK Ini) One Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedo MK XI, One Breen Transphasic Torpedo Mine launcher (Mk Ini).
Shd M.A.C.O. MK XII
Deflector M.A.C.O. MK XII
Shields M.A.C.O. MK XII
All cons: Three Neutronium MK XII Purple Plating (engineering) 50% reduction to all damage. The Breen Energy Dissipation unit (universal), MK XII Shield Regeneration Setting unit +17% shield regen rate purple (science), two MK XII Emitter Array both +15% to shields. Universal Graviton Emitter (tactical slot), MK XII Transphasic Compressor Blue +29% damage by all transphasic devices. TCB Subspace Infuser MK X (Blue).
Devices: Shield Battery X 20, Polaron Dirupter Sat X 10, Engine Battery X 10
BoFF Ability: Ensing Universal: Engineer; Fire At Will 1, Cmndr Tactical: Tactical Team 1, Beam Fire At will III, Target Engines I, Dispersal Pattern Beta III. Lieutenant Tactical: Beam Overload I, Torpedo Spread II. L. Engineering: Engineering Team 1, Reverse Shield Polarity. Lt Cmndr Science: Polarize Hull I, Siphon Energy I, Feedback Pulse II
And equipped doFFs: Purple Engineer: reduce energy subsystem drain when using directed energy modulation, Blue Damage Control Engineer chance to reduce recharge time for emergency power to subsystem abilities, Blue Tractor Beam Officer (used when I swap to the Borg set), Purple Photonic Studies, Purple Astrometrics Scientist.


Complaint: As in OP; the ship fails miserably when in battle. I was destroyed several times in the last STF I was in (non-elite) something that rarely if ever happens in my escort or the Vesta. (Infected non-elite). It pulls agro like no other and I'm often the one attacked and destroyed.

I could increase potential effectiveness by going for full set of advanced fleet antiproton DHC but maneuverability is lacking with this ship. I could potentially increase the forward damage by equipping turrets but at the cost of rear attack power. The Boff setup is the one I use with the Vesta with decent effect while not optimized with this ship, I shouldn't have experienced 8 deaths and respawns during a non-elite STF. This is with me actively rerouting to shields, using shield batteries and using my tactics for survival which are developed from the fact that most ships in this game, in my express opinion, are way under powered for several of the STF and PVEs that exist.

On the matter of the Vesta: for the cost of the three pack I expected far more from it. Essentially the same setup, except I use three of the Aux DHC that came with the set and I have the MK XI scorpions from the Romulan tier system.

The problem that exists with the Vesta is that the modules do not work as promised. Quantum Focused Shield Bubble that is supposed to make you invulnerable for a short period based on your available Aux power doesn't make you invulnerable.

As reported on the website once activated it should make you immune to: most all damage, tractor beams, and the Borg Plasma bolt. However, even with full power full health siphoning power off the (at the time) Vessel of 8 of 9 the plasma bolt destroyed my ship (mid countdown on the activation). You do not become immune to tractor beams either, while you do gain some maneuverability back it is still highly restrained (and no better than evasive maneuvers).

The The Quantum Field Focus generator does as it's supposed to but leaves you vulnerable and has a very narrow attack arc (not even the 90 degrees they claimed), while it's damage is fairly high it's almost as useless as some of the MK IV stuff against high level enemies because it doesn't cut through shields like it's supposed to.

The ONLY module of the Vesta pack that works as described is Multidimensional Wave-Function Analysis Module universal console. And while it does do it's job, it doesn't work always, I've had Borg Plasma bolts cut right through the field and hit me killing me in the process as if the field wasn't active. I will admit it is highly effective against shields if you get close enough however.

Besides this, the weapon slots on this ship aren't enough. It should be four fore and four aft not three on three.


My complaints are about flaws in design and development not in my game play. I've run every STF and I've played well over seven months now in this game with three other characters. I honestly expect more from things like the Vesta Pack and the warships that are supposed to be at a given level. I expect more from the ships that they are asking me to purchase with real money too. Yet every ship I've purchased from the C-store has been either under powered or the item I bought it for (specific consoles for example the Advanced Transwarp computer from the Heavy Cruiser Refit) haven't worked as described. If you can tell me how to make the Ghet warship more effective please do so. But right now I'm just disappointed all around with this game.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 22
# 16
12-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyslash View Post
im running the chel grett with mk XI purple polarons and junk mk XI purple shields inpulse and engines at the moment and have never gone under 98%. you are indeed doing something wrong.
I'd have to call you a liar here or a cheat then.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 22
# 17
12-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Considering I can do that (facehug a cube and eat an HYT on normal) in a ship considerably less durable than the Breen-mobile and survive, it's definitely user error.
Nope, sorry, I know how to play the game, it's not user error. It's issue with the ship or game balance. I've survived heavy plasma bolts in other ships and heavy plasma torpedoes; this ship is a failure.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 22
# 18
12-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
The ship was free, all it required was 5 minutes (if that) out of your day. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you want to quit the game because of a ship, then quit the game. Stop whinging.

I too acquired the Breen Warship (more so because I could rather than because I wanted one). I like the bridge officer layout, but I can't say I'm overly fond of the ship, and alike you, I also found myself not handling well in STF's (though I should note here I went up against the Borg using Polaron weaponry, and I still think that was a bad idea. Talk about shooting blanks).

Still, what did I do? Come here and complain? No. I jumped back in to an older ship and continued on my merry way.

Edit: For what it's worth, I think the Chel Grett should be underpowered. They're hardly the pride of Starfleet, and the Chel Grett, as with many lock box ships is either on par, or more powerful than various fleet ships. That shouldn't be the case at all.
My complaint isn't necessarily with the fact that it's under powered, it is with the fact that it was misrepresented by the developers as being on par with the other warships in the game, it's not. The developers of the game have consistently overhyped the ships claiming that they can do various things and then undermining those claims by giving less than what they promised. This is the case with the Vesta Pack and is the case with the Dreadnaught, and even the Dreadnaught is better than the Ghet warship but in their online comparison they should be on par with each other.

Further; it is not user error; I've encountered hundreds of glitches and issues with this game, if it was my error I'd not be complaining. So to all of you who keep insisting it's my error, stop. You're wasting my time in solving the issues I'm experiencing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 192
# 19
12-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrelentless View Post
I'd have to call you a liar here or a cheat then.
lol. just lol.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,671
# 20
12-30-2012, 01:17 PM
No, I'm pretty sure this is a PEBCAK error. Your Boff powers and weapon loadout are rather messy.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:32 PM.