Captain
# 21
12-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokopop1 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kes say (When she was in contact with the Undine (Or Species 8472, whatever you prefer) that they told her: "The weak shall perish" and "Your galaxy will be purged." Which doesn't only mean the Borg, but everyone else aswell. Which then leads to the conclusion that the Undine were a bigger threat to the galaxy than the Borg.

I could be wrong though, been a while since I've seen VOY.
Your right she did say that. After she saw what their thoughts was. They was out to kill everything. After they dealt with the Borg.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
12-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I thought the Borg plot line in Voyager was great, but I like anything to do with Borg in general. I don't understand the hate that a lot of this community feels for them. If they were removed, they would have to come up with some other super-powerful evil race hell-bent on our destruction. I for one, would prefer the Borg over some other far uglier race like the Undine. Cyborgs just look cool.

Also I would like to point out Seven wasn't the first to break the mold an not wear a uniform. Kira in DS9 didn't, and Counselor Troi in TNG didn't - and she was Starfleet!
The Borg are not "super powerful"
they are super lame
they always were

half a dozen men with chainsaws could de-assimilate an entire cube because borg physically fight like girls
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallm View Post
Your right she did say that. After she saw what their thoughts was. They was out to kill everything. After they dealt with the Borg.
Exactly. And if Janeway didn't stop them, who then? The Borg apparently weren't strong enough to defeat them, so Janeway made a "Deal with the devil". In my opinion, it was justified. The Borg are like bugs. Annoying but controllable. The Undine would be unstoppable if they decided to launch a full scale attack on our universe. You saw what just one of their ships could do against a Borg Cube, whereas the federation failed with 40 ships (Wolf 359).
Captain
# 24
12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Exactly. And if Janeway didn't stop them, who then? The Borg apparently weren't strong enough to defeat them, so Janeway made a "Deal with the devil". In my opinion, it was justified. The Borg are like bugs. Annoying but controllable. The Undine would be unstoppable if they decided to launch a full scale attack on our universe. You saw what just one of their ships could do against a Borg Cube, whereas the federation failed with 40 ships (Wolf 359).
Exactly.

If she hadn't helped the Borg, the Undine would have wiped them out (as well as every innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire). And then every living being the the galaxy would be subject to their wrath. By driving them out, Janeway saved the entire galaxy.

Too bad the Borg survived, but it was a necessary evil.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 25
12-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Exactly.

If she hadn't helped the Borg, the Undine would have wiped them out (as well as every innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire). And then every living being the the galaxy would be subject to their wrath. By driving them out, Janeway saved the entire galaxy.

I'm not so sure about that. The Undine don't strike me as conquerors, or a war like species. Even if they are capable of leveling continents, they always struck in small numbers, preferring infiltration and sabotage. After the Undine trashed the Borg, I'm not so sure they would go on to conquer the Galaxy. I doubt they would have much use for it.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Exactly.

Exactly. I'd much rather face the Borg than the Undine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I'm not so sure about that. The Undine don't strike me as conquerors, or a war like species. Even if they are capable of leveling continents, they always struck in small numbers, preferring infiltration and sabotage. After the Undine trashed the Borg, I'm not so sure they would go on to conquer the Galaxy. I doubt they would have much use for it.
Well, they said "Your galaxy will be purged". Maybe they're not "conquerors" but they felt threatened by our galaxy, after the Borg invaded them. The "The weak shall perish" part and "Your galaxy will be purged" doesn't exactly strike me as a decleration of peace.
Captain
# 27
12-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Well, they said "Your galaxy will be purged". Maybe they're not "conquerors" but they felt threatened by our galaxy, after the Borg invaded them. The "The weak shall perish" part and "Your galaxy will be purged" doesn't exactly strike me as a decleration of peace.
Purged from what? The Borg? I welcome that prospect.

The only business the Undine had with our galaxy (and our universe for that matter) was the Borg. After they hung them on a pike, what business would they have? They strike me as a people focused on efficiency and habit. All the kinks get ironed out. After they destroyed the Borg, I think they would have gone home.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 28
12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Purged from what? The Borg? I welcome that prospect.

The only business the Undine had with our galaxy (and our universe for that matter) was the Borg. After they hung them on a pike, what business would they have? They strike me as a people focused on efficiency and habit. All the kinks get ironed out. After they destroyed the Borg, I think they would have gone home.
You're forgetting "The weak shall perish". If the Borg qualify as weak, I think most other races do as well.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 29
12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
You're forgetting "The weak shall perish". If the Borg qualify as weak, I think most other races do as well.
Other races don't go around raping the universe in the name of perfection.

Lt. Commander
# 30
12-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
This.

Plus, "Your galaxy will be purged" doesn't just qualify the Borg. Unless the whole galaxy consists of Borg, in which case... What did I miss?