Ensign
# 11
12-30-2012, 02:56 PM
That's not a bad idea, though "large cost" is everything this game seems to be about!! For Cryptic, designing all those beautiful ships only to be used for a fraction of the gaming time is a sorry loss. The only thing they're good for is everything but encounters nowadays.

At the least, the difficulty for "engage enemy contact" events and for storyline missions should be adjusted to the ship you are flying. THAT would be more than appropriate. I certainly don't expect to use a constitution on STF's!
Ensign
# 12
12-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyoftheforce
It has been asked for since day one. And ignored since day one. Cryptic either does not have the ability or does not care to implement it. I'm leaning on the latter. The best proposal I ever saw was what Suricata had put together long ago. I have a bad feeling that the revamp they're keeping under wraps that they want will be something everybody will hate. I won't speculate on it further than that.

Yeah, ABSOLUTELY the right idea!! If the company is reading this: a change like that would convince me to forget free-to-play and sign up for subscription ON THE SPOT.

It is the very narrow limitations of this game that prevent me from subscribing to begin with. I've only every bought a few zen to get some upgrades because "i couldn't take it any more".
Lieutenant
# 13
12-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsource View Post
That's not a bad idea, though "large cost" is everything this game seems to be about!! For Cryptic, designing all those beautiful ships only to be used for a fraction of the gaming time is a sorry loss. The only thing they're good for is everything but encounters nowadays.

At the least, the difficulty for "engage enemy contact" events and for storyline missions should be adjusted to the ship you are flying. THAT would be more than appropriate. I certainly don't expect to use a constitution on STF's!
awww why not? i would love to use my NX in a stf . and the sad thing is i'm not playing lol
Rihannsu
# 14
12-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partsource View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyoftheforce
It has been asked for since day one. And ignored since day one. Cryptic either does not have the ability or does not care to implement it. I'm leaning on the latter. The best proposal I ever saw was what Suricata had put together long ago. I have a bad feeling that the revamp they're keeping under wraps that they want will be something everybody will hate. I won't speculate on it further than that.

Yeah, ABSOLUTELY the right idea!! If the company is reading this: a change like that would convince me to forget free-to-play and sign up for subscription ON THE SPOT.

It is the very narrow limitations of this game that prevent me from subscribing to begin with. I've only every bought a few zen to get some upgrades because "i couldn't take it any more".
no, Cryptic can't do this cause CBS would not allow this.

which is getting really funny, cause at least 30% of the ships currently flying around are not Canon.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Career Officer
# 15
12-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi,

For fun I equipped my TOS Constitution Class Starship with the four piece borg set, the borg beam cutter, the regent torp launcher and the retrofit phaser (blue) banks. I equipped the limited consoles with the best that I could find, particularly engineering for hull resistance. Looked pretty good considering.... (The Remen Shields in particular really make this ship pop)

I dropped myself into a Mirror enemy contact zones to name but one type and managed to defeat the majority of patrols. I died only after getting ganged up on by several.... but still, considering the success I did have from it I would personally love to see Cryptic give us the opportunity to upgrade existing ships!!

For instance, wouldn't it be great if you could buy additional Boff spots, weapon slots, sci slots, etc... and higher quality hull integrity for our existing ships? Imagine having your ass handed to you in PVP by the TOS Enterprise! I mean, why not? Realistically speaking, even in the television series, ship captains make do with what they have. If the Borg can assimilate ships why cant we assimilate other ships to improve our own? I love the Enterprise A in particular and wish I could use it still.

I also wish we could create our own ships and play them. This already exist in the game but it is limited to the type of ship you fly. Imagine if you can mix and match with ANY ship that you own. Sure, some would come out butt ugly, but there would always be the opportunity for creating something unique and beautiful. Food for thought.
Captain
# 16
12-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
For instance, wouldn't it be great if you could buy additional Boff spots, weapon slots, sci slots, etc...
I would pay to add a Lt. Cmdr Tac power slot to my T3 Intrepid, should this come to pass.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots