Lt. Commander
# 11
12-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschooldork View Post
That's fine...I'm really not trying to insult anyone and I'm not judging anyone.
LOL, that was exactly what you were doing in post #8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpfbJLLbczs
Empire Veteran
# 12
12-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
That's fine...I'm really not trying to insult anyone and I'm not judging anyone...just was trying to understand what everyone was talking about.
Well, in simple terms, they were comparing you to the girl in the video (basic version is - you just "met" cryptic and your being overly nice, like how she tries to pass her number on to the guy after she just "met" him)

It is just a joke, but at your expense. Hope your not offended, lots of jokes fly around on these forums at each others expense, but from what I have seen, it normally is in good taste and just for fun.

To be fair, the timing of the joke did make it quite funny (and timing is important with any joke)
Which one will you be?

Commander
# 13
12-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post
Well, in simple terms, they were comparing you to the girl in the video (basic version is - you just "met" cryptic and your being overly nice, like how she tries to pass her number on to the guy after she just "met" him)

It is just a joke, but at your expense. Hope your not offended, lots of jokes fly around on these forums at each others expense, but from what I have seen, it normally is in good taste and just for fun.

To be fair, the timing of the joke did make it quite funny (and timing is important with any joke)
I never said I was new to the game...I've been playing since last February, this is just my first winter event.

And since when is thanking someone for doing something for you considered a joke? Did I miss the memo on this or something? I know it's unfortunately not the norm today, but I was brought up to appreciate things people do for me, and to thank them for it.

And no, I'm not offended at all...just didn't get the reference as I don't listen to that type of music so I had no idea what people were talking about.
There's no dork like an old school dork. You just can't beat experience.

Last edited by oldschooldork; 12-30-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Commander
# 14
12-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted74 View Post
LOL, that was exactly what you were doing in post #8
No, that's not what I was doing at all. If you are into this kind of music, fine...more power to you...just not my thing.
Republic Veteran
# 15
12-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
No, that's not what I was doing at all. If you are into this kind of music, fine...more power to you...just not my thing.
A lot of people are not into the song, but it was an Internet fad and you had to be in a cave not to see it all the parodies.

Republic Veteran
# 16
12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Hey! This is Star Trek...and this is crazy...but here's a Breen ship...run all beams, maybe?
# 17
12-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey I just met you but you sound crazy.

It was a joke so move on maybe?
Republic Veteran
# 18
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Hey! I don't know you...and yes I'm crazy. But it's an old joke...driven to the ground, maybe?
# 19
12-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
A lot of people are not into the song, but it was an Internet fad and you had to be in a cave not to see it all the parodies.
No, just not into internet "fads". And I don't lurk on the "fad" and "parody" side of youtube...or any other site. I'm just not one of those people who jumps on every internet bandwagon that comes along, sorry. I have other bandwagons to jump on.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
It's not my thing either, but I am aware of it due to it's insane popularity on youtube.

Quote:
ok...sorry i asked. I'm just not into this type of...for lack of a better term, "music". I prefer actual artists...the ones who can actually sing without using autotune, who sing at concerts and not lipsync, and who use actual instruments for music, not a pre-programmed midi table. call me old fashioned, but it is what it is.
You are right, you weren't being insulting or judgemental at all...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpfbJLLbczs