Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Career Officer
# 11
12-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Yes, it's about the difficulty of the mission. That's why we get more dilithium, more omega marks and precisely why we should get blue and purple drops.
Captain
# 12
12-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
I stand by my original post.

Being ELITE loot, they should be rare and valuable.
And really, the only people who would be affected are the ones selling Blue mkXI gear for an obscene amount of EC.
It's not rare and valuable if everyone has it and it's piss easy to get.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 13
12-26-2012, 08:04 AM
No.

If the loot items dropped at the same rate, but were guaranteed to be better, how much worse do you think the AFK leech situation will get? It would also potentially damage the exchange, depending on the items dropping.

If common/uncommon items stopped entirely without being replaced, there wouldn't be much loot to go round (not to mention no component drops... and don't forget, critical components can't be bought from vendors, so no more on-the-fly repairs of critical damage). I'd much rather have 5 or 6 items to roll for, and be likely to get something, than one item (especially if that one item was a rare Sensor Probes console ).
Rihannsu
# 14
12-26-2012, 12:26 PM
/signed +1

Please do away with all Mk X drops in Elite STFs. Uncommon Mk XI or better gear should be the only drops.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-30-2012, 06:20 PM
If I remember correct the normal STF never or almost never drop XI items so there is a difference between Elite and Normal.
What I mean is when there IS a difference why not make the gap larger, because normal is so much easier than elite.

But I allso think it should be ELITE as in "Not For Everyone" only the ELITE players.

Defenition of ELITE from TheFreeDictionary: "The best or most skilled members of a group"

My suggestion is to rename ELITE into HARD (or whatever) and make a new real ELITE that is VERY HARD, and maybe there you could only get XI and XII drops. And leave it as it is now.
So there is Normal, Hard and Elite.

And to hold off some of the (less elite) players there should be a some sort of accolade that has to be acquired to enter the new elite. Maybe 50 or 100 with optional runs or something that keeps the non elite players from even joining.
Or not for PUGS, only private/closed runs. (probably the best and easiest) And at that level you really need to now your team, so that every single player knows exactly what to do.
In this way you need to plan the "attack" not just enter, kill, collect and leave.

And IF the ELITE refers to the difficulty and not the loot i think that it also should refer to what loot you get.
You don't expect to walk into a Rolex store and come out with a 25dollar watch
Captain
# 16
12-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goltzhar View Post
You don't expect to walk into a Rolex store and come out with a 25dollar watch
Sure you do. If you walked in with a 25 dollar watch and decided a rolex was too extravagant for you .

Trolling aside, I would approve of this idea. Elites aren't horribly hard. At all. If you have a good team, you can sweep most elites under the rug in under 12 minutes. If you have a mediocre team you can complete the optional as long as at least 2 of you are competent. And if you are the only decent one on the team, you can beat all of them except cure. It will take a long time, but it's doable.

The only ESTF that's remotely challenging is HSE and HGE. And even then, HGE can be exploited to victory. Sufficed to say, ESTFs, even with the better Borg are still very doable. So people failing them is hilarious. That being said, I would agree that there should be another level above elite, or make elite harder and put an intermediary level between elite and normal.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Career Officer
# 17
12-31-2012, 01:51 AM
you think afkers are bad now? just wait until you start putting more expensive drops in there. They had to lower the threshhold of item rarities because people would go in there and just kill bops all day long and not advance the mission (CSE).. not to mention afkers who don't care about the team would just need all day from the spawn point.

So cryptic reduced the quality of the items drastically.. what they need to do is kick people who do not have a pre-determined rate of damage within a period of time and I don't mean 1K damage every minute.
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"

Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
01-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
It's not rare and valuable if everyone has it and it's piss easy to get.
You're right.
It should be Purple quality minimum.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5
Captain
# 19
01-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
You're right.
It should be Purple quality minimum.
Wait... what? What you just said is the exact opposite of what I said. Dafuq?