Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,477
# 51
12-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrelentless View Post
First off I'm not using any mines and I don't have anything Boosting mines; so whoever stated this go away I'm not in the mood.
You're running (so you claim) Dispersal Pattern Beta 3. That's a commander level mine ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrelentless View Post
As for my ability to play this game; just because I'm not minmaxing doesn't mean I don't know how to play. Your arrogance and ignorance is astounding. And while you might like the Vesta I stand by my points as to how it is flawed.
Let's get one thing perfectly clear here: your build as advertised is in no way a min/maxer's build.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 52
12-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrelentless View Post
...One Breen Transphasic Torpedo Mine launcher (Mk Ini)... (It's Transphasic Cluster Torpedo)

...Dispersal Pattern Beta III... (why is this in here?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrelentless View Post
First off I'm not using any mines and I don't have anything Boosting mines;...
Uh huh...

And you call us ignorant. ROFL. You dug your own grave here, we're just doing you the courtesy of burying you in it. The Breen ship is a great ship. However because your perfect build doesn't work on it doesn't mean the ship itself is a bad ship. It just means your build is bad for that ship. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Vesta is flawed yes, but you are expecting too much. I know dozens of players who use the Vesta VERY effectively. And they do things with that ship that should be made illegal. Just because you can't play a ship doesn't make it bad.

Get off your high horse and your head out of your rear. The only one who suffers because of that is you, so stop taking it out on us and actually listen.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,108
# 53
12-30-2012, 05:40 PM
...then don't use the breen ship or the vesta! nobody forces you to do it, and nobody actually cares if you can't handle it, everybody else seems to have a blast with it.

also, the setup you mentioned is highly questionable to say the least. All in all, user error at it's finest.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 560
# 54 Just My Two Cents
12-30-2012, 05:51 PM
this has been an interesting thread, albeit unfortunately heated at times. I can't help but but add to it in saying I have found the Breen ship wonderful. I rarely get tanked in PVE and even defeated that bastard ship in Terradome (level 48) by myself with this ship! In elite I find the ship very versatile and though the cubes plasma torps do kill me, I nevertheless chalk that up to my getting to close for comfort in the first place. In most elite PVe's, especially Romulan space battles, I find my hull barely affected, even if shields are nearly gone.

That being said, in PVP the klingons tank me quickly regardless but I blame that on my inability to build a set up that could protect me from their well organized attacks. The novelty of the breen ship alone means I am the first thing they want to hit unfortunately most of the time... Lol. Pm me and I willgive you specs on my build whihc includes all four Borg sets (brings my hull to 49, 250), the Borg beam cutter and a quantum torp wide angle taken from my Regent ship (a ship I honestly think could use some of the Breen's movability). I am running all polaron weapons otherwise but against klingons (pvp) and some elite missions it does feel like shooting blanks at times. I use two dual heavy cannons on front and four beams around the ship. In normal PVE forget about it, I am untouchable and find myself healing other players.

As for the Vesta, The ONLY thing I have ever found disappointing on it is the primary beam weapon. Its rather underwhelming. However, as a support ship I find it does an amazing job and have managed to do wonders with it even as a tact captain for both ships. The bubble shield has always made me invincible as well, so maybe its a patch issue?! There are days when the bugs in the game just work against us. Anyways, hope you have rectified the problem by now. It can be frustrating but having run the breen set on the breen ship, ironically, the borg set does it wonders and make it an excellent support, and with the right set of weapons, tank of a ship.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 53
# 55 Breen SHip and Romulans
12-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone,

after I have tested the Breen ship I have to say, it's horrible. Sorry.
My Galor is way better.
Can now PLEASE get ship appropriate to S7? Maybe a D'Deridex? Ok, Ok I am just frustrated and wanna have my ship!
come on Mr.Stahl, we have all this fancy new Romulan Weaponary now its time to get a Warbird =)

1 cmdr.Science
1.lt.cmdr. eng
2.lt tac.
1.esn universial

Shiel mod. 1,15-1,25
base turn rate 5
hull 52,000
forw and aft. 4 slots for weaponary

3 eng. consoles
3 sci. consoles
4 tac. consoles

Or something like that and dont forget the cloacking device!!!!!!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 56
12-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Organized KDF pvpers are... death on wheels. It's very hard for ANYONE to stand up to them, regardless of ship, build, or experience.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,282
# 57
12-30-2012, 06:27 PM
I think you posted this in the wrong section. This one is for discussing the Foundry.

EDIT: Merged. Never mind.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 12-30-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 58
12-30-2012, 07:30 PM
ID 10 T error possibly?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,351
# 59
12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Uh huh...

And you call us ignorant. ROFL. You dug your own grave here, we're just doing you the courtesy of burying you in it. The Breen ship is a great ship. However because your perfect build doesn't work on it doesn't mean the ship itself is a bad ship. It just means your build is bad for that ship. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Vesta is flawed yes, but you are expecting too much. I know dozens of players who use the Vesta VERY effectively. And they do things with that ship that should be made illegal. Just because you can't play a ship doesn't make it bad.

Get off your high horse and your head out of your rear. The only one who suffers because of that is you, so stop taking it out on us and actually listen.
Heretic, maybe we should get the gentleman (name withheld) that is complaining in the other thread that the Breen ship is OP and unbeatable. Do you think we can average them out to it being a good ship?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 60
12-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
Heretic, maybe we should get the gentleman (name withheld) that is complaining in the other thread that the Breen ship is OP and unbeatable. Do you think we can average them out to it being a good ship?
I dunno... I think we'll end up with an immoveable object meets the unstoppable force scenario. But it certainly would be entertaining if nothing else XD.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 PM.