Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Commander
I've heard there are people who have already managed t5 thanks to working around the 20hr project timer.

If you're one of them, have you bought the Romulan Prototype Space set? I've heard it's very similar to the Reman set in stats, but I don't know its bonuses, and apparently the shield effect looks different.

I'm curious about both, but mainly the look of the shield. If anyone has managed it, or does soon, could you post it here, please?

Much appreciated.
Captain
# 2
12-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinsfate View Post
I've heard there are people who have already managed t5 thanks to working around the 20hr project timer.

If you're one of them, have you bought the Romulan Prototype Space set? I've heard it's very similar to the Reman set in stats, but I don't know its bonuses, and apparently the shield effect looks different.

I'm curious about both, but mainly the look of the shield. If anyone has managed it, or does soon, could you post it here, please?

Much appreciated.
You can go on Tribble and check it out yourself. It's kind of a green haze with green line highlights, like a Romulan ship.

It's trash though, it's almost the exact same as the reman set sans a handful of stats, and has the same major problems the reman set suffers from. Uses the same set powers and everything.

Really disappointing.
Captain
# 3
12-22-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm more interested in the set bonuses. I want to use the Reman set to make my hyper-plasma torps harder to shoot down, but the sheer crappiness of the deflector, shields and engines make it awful to use even in pve. I sincerely hope the Romulan set has hyper engines and the deflector could use some shield systems + structural integrity bonuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
It's trash though, it's almost the exact same as the reman set sans a handful of stats, and has the same major problems the reman set suffers from. Uses the same set powers and everything.

Really disappointing.
Oh ffs, that's just lame.

Last edited by fulleatherjacket; 12-22-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Commander
# 4
12-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Doesn't getting on to tribble require another copy of the client or something? Given the huge download that would be, I'm not too keen on doing so, but thanks for letting me know anyway.

I would assume it looks fairly similar to the NPC Romulan ships then?
Commander
# 5
12-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Doesn't getting on to tribble require another copy of the client or something? Given the huge download that would be, I'm not too keen on doing so, but thanks for letting me know anyway.
A lot of the data gets shared between the holodeck and tribble copies of the client, so the download doesn't end up being much larger than a normal patch.
Career Officer
# 6
12-24-2012, 11:14 AM
here's a screen of the romulan set on my armitage. no special decals on it, using the vet material, though not noticeable. kinda looks like a camo effect on the ship but meh.

pic

I will say though, that the 2 piece bonus does effect the hyper torpedo launcher and the omega torpedo HY shots so... meh, might be worth a go if you dps with it.
Captain
# 7
12-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
The patcher is smart enough to look at other locally installed versions of the client for the files it needs. If it finds the file locally, it just copies it from the other installed client version. You wind up only having to download the new patched files.
Ensign
# 8
12-31-2012, 03:27 AM
So anyone have screenies of the stats yet?