Lt. Commander
# 21
12-29-2012, 08:15 AM
i see, i was not aware of that, i thought that only the ships that had the "can equip cannons" could use them
Also, sorry for the typo, you are absolutely right, in my defence i can only say that English is not my first language.
Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
12-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I don't think a reskin could save it from my scorn tbh. I personally believe the Odyssey looks magnificent. And it not only looked amazing, it is an amazing ship. She looks modern, can hurt like HELL, and can take one hell of a beating.

Then they took this 200 year old piece or junk, and made it have a better version than her larger and far more magnificent 25th century sister. Insulting to me. Oh wells.
That fugly ass P.O.S. Oddy was garbage the second the free version went live. If Cryptic had done a proper job of actually verifying the entries like they said they were they won't have found out that the oddy is actually a rip-off of someone else's work and was never a valid contest entry. No not saying it was a rip-off of my work and no I won't post a link to prove it because I'm tired of everyone being lazy and not doing research for themselves.

Now as far as the Excelsior being 200 years old, there's a VERY simple reason why it is still a very viable ship in the current time frame. The Excelsior was an experimental prototype. The engineers that designed it had no solid way to know exactly the amount of strain that the ship would be dealing with so they VERY VERY heavily over designed it. I definitely agree with the others thou that it could use the option of a more modern design.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Guys the Excelsior entered service in 2287, the Enterprise-B/Excelsior retrofit did so in 2293, so no, it is not a 200 years old ship class, only a little over 100 years, and giving the way that ships can be refitted and retrofitted, it is perfectly logical and valid for this class to be still active, personally i think the "this ship is old" argument is vain. About the looks, TO ME it looks very fine, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"; i also own an Odyssey and both ships are great, but the Excelsior has a special place in my (trekkie) heart .
Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-29-2012, 10:16 AM
The Fleet Excelsior is the best cruiser in the game until the Fleet Assault Cruiser comes out, at which point that ship will take top spot due to superior BO slotting.

A fleet Dreadnaught with FAC slotting would take top spot, though.
Commander
# 25
12-30-2012, 04:35 AM
the excelior class ships are fun ships to fly bur there 2 thing that bug me.
1# having three engineneering officers on the excelior to be kinda useless. the samething can be said for any cruiser in star trek online.

2# it would be a neat option to be able to put on differrent necells otiopns for the excelior class like ambassador class, galax class, and maybe sto odyssy class necells. i would also like to even see the enterprise b necells with red bussard clollectors.
Captain
# 26
12-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
the excelior class ships are fun ships to fly bur there 2 thing that bug me.
1# having three engineneering officers on the excelior to be kinda useless. the samething can be said for any cruiser in star trek online.

Here we go again. The engineer boffs on the Excel are not useless. When you set the higher ranking BOFF eng skills for DEM3 and other offensive skills, the Ensign eng spots still help defensive skill rotations shorter for healing and others. Eng boffs aren't useless if you find ways to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
2# it would be a neat option to be able to put on differrent necells otiopns for the excelior class like ambassador class, galax class, and maybe sto odyssy class necells. i would also like to even see the enterprise b necells with red bussard clollectors.
That might be something they work on later (when they run out of hulls to sell)
Ensign
# 27
12-31-2012, 06:01 AM
It is obvious that you have great experience with excelsior ship. Can you make approximate build? Weapons, boff abilities, consoles... I mean for c-store excelsior , not fleet one
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-31-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubagucwa View Post
It is obvious that you have great experience with excelsior ship. Can you make approximate build? Weapons, boff abilities, consoles... I mean for c-store excelsior , not fleet one
There's going to be little difference build wise between the two, added tac console is fairly straightfoward

As far as builds the two that have demonstrated the best effectiveness are a more traditional "Dragon" build using a full power cycle and a Aux2Batt build using tecnitian doffs(which i'm going to skip due to it's high cost of 3x 3mil+ doffs) the full cycle of the dragon, EPTS>EPTW>EPTS>EPTW (repeating for duration of combat) provides a large devensive boost as well as a cycled Aux2Sif3 for a large heal and resist, The build I use myself is here http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...Excelcurrent_0

There's some room for a bit of adjustment there (CRF>CSV) as well as changing the lt.comm engineering power to either RSP or Extend shields depending on role.

Currently i'm using 3x single cannons forward(plasma for a bit of extra agro with the dot) with a single torp and 3x turrets rear with the cutting beam, the cutting beam in combination with the borg tractor beam is a wicked thing to do with a target

Doff wise 2x conn officers to reduce tac team to a 15s clock, one warp core engineer for a power boost and a damage control engineer to recude the time on the emergency powers to an even shorter cycle can have the effect of 125 across the board if you balance things properly.