Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGraham
Is the bug annoying yes as stated.. but it certainly isn't gameplay breaking.
No, actually, this one is. Having to choose between firing and balancing shields at any given second is an invitation to disaster.

Why would there even be an autofire bug? What possible reason is there to touch that code?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2012, 05:49 AM
This reminds me of the beginning of the game where there was no auto-fire. Good times mate.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
OK, here's the reason why my autofire works (workaround):

Entering the game I use the /toggledefaultautoattack command. Hit enter.

All weapons will now be autofired. To manage individual weapons' autofire, just right click them as per normal.

If the /defaultautoattack 1 command is used, then I have to enter the command for each individual weapon, which takes time.

And I sort of agree with Unkoala - I'm perfectly functional without autofire too. Surgically fire those torpedoes into downed enemy shields, instead of wasting them against shielded targets
Lt. Commander
Oh, so NOW they stop patching every freakin' night - the one time when I actually want something patched?

At least there is a workaround, unlike with (refusal to advertise crappy game) and its craptastic PC-hating controls.

Still, I would like to know how this even happened, I wonder what the hell were they working on that touched/subverted the auto attack code?
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-31-2012, 09:30 AM
I had the same autofire bug. All the above solutions did not work. What did work was this:

Goto Oprions>Controls>Auto attack and choose any option and hit ok. Just change the dropdown, hit ok, then right click your weapons and they go "green" again--and stay. You can go back and change that Auto Attack setting again and all is still good.

Hope this helps.