Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 300
I've been doing a lot STF for a while now and I've noticed that everybody is doing a lot more damage then I am I'm useing a science ship that I got form the fleet store along with MKXll tetryon phasers and quantem torpedos that I also got from the fleet store. My toon is also a science officer
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,097
# 2
12-31-2012, 09:23 AM
Science ships are bit weak in damage direct from weapons compared to escorts, and even cruisers, due to there 3 fore, 3 aft weapon layout. There are still ways to get some damage out of Sci ship, so post which ship you have and your current BOff layout, ship gear, and your current skill layout, and we should be able to at least recommend some things to help your output.

Either that, or grab a Vesta load it up with Aux Dual Heavy cannons(only sci ships that can take dual cannons, and only ship that has Aux powered ones), plop a Tactical officer in its Universal Lt. Commander spot with Cannon abilities and have about 3/4 the firepower of an escort while still having a Commander Sci BOff to play with.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 300
# 3
12-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Either that, or grab a Vesta load it up with Aux Dual Heavy cannons(only sci ships that can take dual cannons, and only ship that has Aux powered ones), plop a Tactical officer in its Universal Lt. Commander spot with Cannon abilities and have about 3/4 the firepower of an escort while still having a Commander Sci BOff to play with.
ok thanks ^^
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 558
# 4
12-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Actually, the Vesta comes equipped with two cannons with 405 dmg each! Buy it, take weapons off, discharge it, reclaim it again and voila, you have a set of FOUR of these walloping cannons up front. Stick a beam cutter at the rear with torp and one turret.

Voila, they will never see it coming! If you get the three set piece it adds to the healing powers which is great. The main beam weapon is ok but dont think for a second it will save you in any way. Put the Breen set in it as well, the siphoning power drain is great and an unexpected treat. Although, the borg set works well on it too. If getting all three is out of the price range, I'd go for the model with the heal power... the bubble is great too but alas you will find the heal power more useful in the long run. Dont forget too that they all come equipped with runabouts which you can launch up to four at one time.

I have done elite missions taking out cubes on my own with the Vesta. My boffs are mainly purple and blue though, which I am sure helps somewhat. I am a tact captain btw.

EDIT: If you want to keep your existing ship, increase your weapon damage by tact consoles that increase your specific weapon damage and load it up in the tact slots. Two or go for all three if you can afford too. YOu should see a difference. Also, your hull, same principle. Good Luck.

Last edited by bugspatteredjack; 12-31-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 300
# 5
12-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
Actually, the Vesta comes equipped with two cannons with 405 dmg each! Buy it, take weapons off, discharge it, reclaim it again and voila, you have a set of FOUR of these walloping cannons up front. Stick a beam cutter at the rear with torp and one turret.

Voila, they will never see it coming! If you get the three set piece it adds to the healing powers which is great. The main beam weapon is ok but dont think for a second it will save you in any way. Put the Breen set in it as well, the siphoning power drain is great and an unexpected treat. Although, the borg set works well on it too. If getting all three is out of the price range, I'd go for the model with the heal power... the bubble is great too but alas you will find the heal power more useful in the long run. Dont forget too that they all come equipped with runabouts which you can launch up to four at one time.

I have done elite missions taking out cubes on my own with the Vesta. My boffs are mainly purple and blue though, which I am sure helps somewhat. I am a tact captain btw.

EDIT: If you want to keep your existing ship, increase your weapon damage by tact consoles that increase your specific weapon damage and load it up in the tact slots. Two or go for all three if you can afford too. YOu should see a difference. Also, your hull, same principle. Good Luck.
thanks for the tip
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,813
# 6
12-31-2012, 10:45 AM
May be obvious, but check that your weapons power is set to maximum. Less power = less damage.
Also make sure that it isn't dropping dramatically during combat. If you want to sustain your dps, you'll want to keep it above 100 all the time.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,097
# 7
12-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
May be obvious, but check that your weapons power is set to maximum. Less power = less damage.
Also make sure that it isn't dropping dramatically during combat. If you want to sustain your dps, you'll want to keep it above 100 all the time.
The issue with that is your Sci abilities would be nerfed, unless you pop off an Aux battery or change your power settings and wait for the power to return to Aux, before using any Sci powers to get good use of them. The Vesta can dodge that with it's Aux Cannons, so just put Aux to 100, and Weapons 30-40 (for rear energy weapons) and plunk the rest in shields and you're done for PvE for basic use (not that batteries and changing power settings aren't helpful, just don't have to micro-manage such as much).
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,708
# 8
12-31-2012, 01:21 PM
My Sci alt wasn't doing so well due to having to split its power between weapons and Aux, so I switched to an all torp/mine build. Now I keep my weapon power down and my Aux maxed out.

I usually fly the Recon.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 9
12-31-2012, 01:28 PM
I don't suppose there's anything like the aux cannon on KDF side? Meh.

(I also assume the weapons are faction-limited?)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,028
# 10
12-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
Actually, the Vesta comes equipped with two cannons with 405 dmg each! Buy it, take weapons off, discharge it, reclaim it again and voila, you have a set of FOUR of these walloping cannons up front. Stick a beam cutter at the rear with torp and one turret.
How do you get four weapons upfront on a ship with three front weapon slots?
----
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 PM.