Commander
# 11
12-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Think on this 3 purple photonic science doffs offer 60 percent reduction in cool down time for Photonic officer abilities, add the deflector that reduces science cool downs by 10 percent. That's 70 percent reduced cool down. Photonic Officer II according to the sto wiki reduces all bridge officer timers by 32 percent and Photonic Officer II is a bridge officer ability. That 102 percent cooldown reduction of Photonic Officer. Photonic Officer II offers a 32 percent reduction in cooldowns for tac and eng power for 60 seconds and with the fleet deflector it becomes 42 percent reduced cooldowns for other sci powers.

Cannon rapid fire for example would effectively be reduced almost forever from 30 seconds to 20.8 seconds.

Just a thought.
Career Officer
# 12
12-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
What do the Ultra Rare Fighters look like on the Fed side.

I asked this on the Klingon side, but apparently no one has a starbase advanced enough to know, except for the Elite Scorpians you get for Romulan Marks.

So does anyone have access to Elite Pergrines, Elite Delta Fliers, Elite Stalkers and the like?
No fleet has tier 5 science yet, so we don't know. But it's a good bet that the Elite Scorpions provide the template; they gain an ability (HY1) and have an improved weapon (a turret in place of their pulse cannon).

I'm guessing that Elite Peregrines and To'dujes get the same, a turret and HY1.
Captain
# 13
12-31-2012, 05:03 PM
But is a turret better than a pulse cannon? Sure the turret would give sustained damage to an opponent, but is that enough to offset the damage of the pulse cannon when the scorpion fighter is flying toward its target?
Captain
# 14
12-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperordeslok View Post
What I had been hoping to see and don't is a deflector with a large flowcapacitor bonus, currently i'm using a tachyon deflector mk XII with a single flwc bonus on it since it was the best I could find, the 10% cooldown is attractive but might not overcome the loss of skill effectiveness in use
We need a good offensive science deflector with decent Graviton generators, Particle generators and Flow Capacitor bonuses. Additionaly stuff like Subspace Decompiler and science counters can be added as an affix.

The cooldown reduction is great and all, but what good is it if it leaves your powers weakened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
Think on this 3 purple photonic science doffs offer 60 percent reduction in cool down time for Photonic officer abilities, add the deflector that reduces science cool downs by 10 percent. That's 70 percent reduced cool down. Photonic Officer II according to the sto wiki reduces all bridge officer timers by 32 percent and Photonic Officer II is a bridge officer ability. That 102 percent cooldown reduction of Photonic Officer. Photonic Officer II offers a 32 percent reduction in cooldowns for tac and eng power for 60 seconds and with the fleet deflector it becomes 42 percent reduced cooldowns for other sci powers.

Cannon rapid fire for example would effectively be reduced almost forever from 30 seconds to 20.8 seconds.

Just a thought.
Do photonic doffs stack? Even if they do, those slots could be better used elsewhere.
Do note that photonic officer does not reduce its own cooldown, and many bonuses on different pieces of equipment do not necessarily stack additively.
===
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleonenis View Post
Not yet but atm we can do educated guess with 90% probability

Scorpion fighters from Romulans reputation are exactly same as peregrines just use plasma weapons.

The elite version of scorpion is same as advanced one but have high yield 1. So based on this elite peregrines will be same as purples ones we have atm but will have additional high yield 1 skill.

Pretty powerfull stuff considering you can launch 6 per hangar...
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
No fleet has tier 5 science yet, so we don't know. But it's a good bet that the Elite Scorpions provide the template; they gain an ability (HY1) and have an improved weapon (a turret in place of their pulse cannon).

I'm guessing that Elite Peregrines and To'dujes get the same, a turret and HY1.
It's also just as possible fleet peregrines could have something different. My guess would be cannon: rapid fire, but that would still be nice to have.

The real question is what the other hangar craft will have?
Career Officer
# 15
12-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
It's also just as possible fleet peregrines could have something different. My guess would be cannon: rapid fire, but that would still be nice to have.

The real question is what the other hangar craft will have?
Good question, and we just don't have much basis for speculation. These are just WAGs.

I expect the Elite Runabouts will have Tractor Beam III, at the very least. Maybe even Torp Spread I to go with their Chronitons.

Delta Flyers have shield-stripping powers, perhaps Elite Flyers will get Target Subsytem: Shields I.

The Type 10 shuttles are currently worthless, supplementing their beam array with a dual beam bank and Beam Overload would give them a bit more punch.

On the KDF side, I'd anticipate Elite Birds-of-Prey to get their powers upgraded to CRF3 and HY3, and maybe their cannons upgraded from duals to dual heavies.

Last edited by futurepastnow; 12-31-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Commander
# 16
01-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Stalker fighters would probably get thier stealth and other powers pushed up to the next level and maybe a Quantum Torpedo.

Orion Maurading Assualt Shuttles I'm guess cannon rapid fire and boarding party 3.

Orion Interceptors, high yield torpedoes Chronitons and dual distruptor cannons.

Orion Slavers Mine Dispersal pattern beta and tricolbalt mines and the ability to steal lobi.

Shield Drones, more shield healing, maybe extend shields.

Just guesses.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
01-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Elite Peregrines could, instead of a turret, get DHCs and Rapid Fire. If nothing else that's the basic setup for the playable Peregrine, so it's a logical progression and distinguish it from the Elite Scorpion.

I dunno about canonical status of this, but if Elite Deltas get Charged Particle Burst to go with their Tachyons and Transphasics that would be cool.

Advanced Stalkers have a Tetryons (shield damage), Antiproton Sweep (anti cloak/shield damage), high stealth (but not Mask Energy Sig), and Thoron Device (Aux power drain + sensor jam). I think Elite Stalkers should get some kind of power drain ability. Energy Siphon would be cool, and would make up the Fed side version of Siphon Drones. Then again Stalkers are already overflowing with gimmicks, so maybe just a weapon upgrade seems more likely.
Captain
# 18
01-16-2013, 03:05 AM
Does anyone happen to know how [Adapt] works?
it says it stacks 10 times, but how much resistance does it grant per stack and how much does it proc?
Captain
# 19
01-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
Does anyone happen to know how [Adapt] works?
it says it stacks 10 times, but how much resistance does it grant per stack and how much does it proc?
Check the PvP forums, there's an entire rage thread against elite shields there.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 20
01-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Check the PvP forums, there's an entire rage thread against elite shields there.
WHAT?!?!?!? The PVPers are...*gasp* complaining about stuff?!?!?!

Why I never.....