Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 31
12-31-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Regarding the OP's claim that 'every skill has a counter', this is not entirely true. Most offensive abilities have some method of countering, but there are few ways of clearing defensive abilities. Subnuke is one of the few. Target has Tactical Team, EPtS2/3, and TSS2/3 up? Subnuke it. If they're a decent tank, they'll have a science team somewhere in there.

Subnuke is literally one of the very few ways to break a good tanker, someone who's got their defensive buffs chained together flawlessly and has great timing on their cycles. I don't like it when it's used on me in my Hegh'ta BoP, as that strikes me as overkill, but I sure do appreciate it when someone subnukes a target and I time a decloak alphastrike with it.
Yeah, you are right. I forgot about Plasmonic Leech. I have yet to find a counter for that.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 779
# 32
12-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Look at this way.

Example 1: I hit EPE to make manuver around an enemy when he hits me with Warp Plasma. My ship stalls and makes me vulnerable to attack. I hit hazzard emitters, which not only clears the plasma effect but returns me to the speed that EPE gave me. That is, in effect, returning the buff that was nullified.

Example 2: I fly with my Tac team active, I am hit with Target Shield generator, my shield face drops, and I hit EPS to return the shield face to full and my Tac Team is back in effect. Anthother example of the buff being returned.

Example 3: I am hit with a Boarding Party and one or more of susbsystems are disabled. I hit Eng Team and the all subsystems are returned to normal with whatever buff I had already activated.

Why would it be wrong for Sci Team to return the buffs with remaining times, 2 seconds or 15 seconds?
#1: Does Hazard Emitters give you back the damage that the warp plasma did? No. It heals you, but that amount healed is completely independent of the damage warp plasma did.

#2: Tac team was never gone. If you got hit by a tactical debuff, like Fire on my Mark while your shields were offline, Tac Team would still clear it, even though it's not doing anything for your shields.

#3: Engineering Team removes the ongoing effect, but won't restore, say, any crew that was lost from the boarding party.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,591
# 33
12-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
#1: Does Hazard Emitters give you back the damage that the warp plasma did? No. It heals you, but that amount healed is completely independent of the damage warp plasma did.

#2: Tac team was never gone. If you got hit by a tactical debuff, like Fire on my Mark while your shields were offline, Tac Team would still clear it, even though it's not doing anything for your shields.

#3: Engineering Team removes the ongoing effect, but won't restore, say, any crew that was lost from the boarding party.
Which is exactly what I said in my most recent post, which OP conveniently ignored. As he always does. If you really want us to take your posts seriously alex, don't ignore posts that debunk your statements completely.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,136
# 34
12-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Which is exactly what I said in my most recent post, which OP conveniently ignored. As he always does. If you really want us to take your posts seriously alex, don't ignore posts that debunk your statements completely.
captain kirk does not take advice, he gives advice to the developers to change the game to fit his playstyle.
you can write another 10 pages contradicting his observations and opinions and he will ignore them...try to agree with him, he will stop ignoring your posts. Try it!
Go pro or go home
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,591
# 35
12-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
captain kirk does not take advice, he gives advice to the developers to change the game to fit his playstyle.
you can write another 10 pages contradicting his observations and opinions and he will ignore them...try to agree with him, he will stop ignoring your posts. Try it!
You know, I would, but then I would feel like throwing up, since even I cannot swallow that level of bull crap without ill effect.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,063
# 36
12-31-2012, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb52 View Post
Considering how badly nerfed SCI powers are already... let SCIs have this one thing.
there. second comment, topic should have been closed with that
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,510
# 37
12-31-2012, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
You still didn't say why that Science team shouldn't restore the buffs.

Those other examples are abilities that attack speed , subsystems or shielding. Just because the buff is showing don't mean its doing anything. I was comparing the feel. TT don't do anything with the missing shield face dissabled, and we are not talking about a 5 on 1 situation. You can not hit a person from several sides by yourself.
1. The Buffs still do something compared with ships in the same situation, but without buffs.

2. Buffs are time-limited power-ups while subsystems are always there (though sometimes inactive), meaning you cant destroy nor clear it, just deactivate it. But the power-ups itself is not always there. When its gone its gone, so when you clear it with subnuk, they cant come back with ST because they are completely wiped out. But ST clears the CD-debuff.

3. The Counter to boarding party is TT. Wipings the BPs out and thus restoring failed systems.

4. You could always say its for balancing issues, but we have clearly explained, why ST is a legible counter for SN. There are easy ways -especially with an cruiser- to counter the buff-negation. Even for an escort a SN is only a dangerous situation, but not a 100%-deadly one. If you have skill.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 38
12-31-2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Yeah, you are right. I forgot about Plasmonic Leech. I have yet to find a counter for that.
Carry MACO shields.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 39
12-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Carry MACO shields.
Or just skill in drain resistance. Last thread I read on the subject after the PL changes said that being so skilled greatly reduced the effects.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,591
# 40
01-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Or just skill in drain resistance. Last thread I read on the subject after the PL changes said that being so skilled greatly reduced the effects.
That's right. Just 3 points into Power Insulators gives you a 27% drain resistance. Move that up to 6, and that's 42%. Put it at 7, that's 45%. Considering how great 6 points in this is, I would gladly sacrifice the measly 9000 skillpoints required.

Think about it, 42% of a drain removed. Add on Nadion Inversion, and all of a sudden, what drain? Hell even without it, you just add on one mk XII blue power insulator (very cheap btw) and that's 28 points into power insulators. That will put you at an addition +14% power drain resist. 42% + 14% = 56% drain resist. That's a lot.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 PM.