Rihannsu
# 471
12-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil70th View Post
I liked Enliss. She seemed like a strong and very driven character. I am sure we will see her again.

Brian
Ah, cool. Did you read the other thread? It's not really meant to be harsh.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 472
12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
Say, Evil70th, I've got a new mission out and I like your reviews and help whenever I publish a new mission.

With my recent publish though, I worked around with some dialog mechanics to make the desired feel I wanted. And lots and lots of branches with different triggers. Knowing you go through a lot of the dialog via minimizing and re-opening dialog windows, you could be exposed to the mechanics going... well... pretty nuts. I doubt it would make the mission impossible at any point to complete, but, would definitely break the feel of the mission in a few points.

Would you still be interested in running a review on my mission, despite the added awkward my optional objectives and mini-things will add to it via your review process?
I am always happy to do mission reviews. With work and school my time is pretty much limited to weekends for reviews but I will get to them as they enter the queue.

Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Starfleet Veteran
# 473
12-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Ah, cool. Did you read the other thread? It's not really meant to be harsh.
I went back and read the thread and I do not take any of your reply as harsh, nor would I expect you, or any other author to take my reviews as harsh. As I always say, my reviews are yours to do with as you please.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Starfleet Veteran
# 474
12-31-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Federation Mission - In the Shadow of MIDAS, Part 1
Author: greendragoon
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HJ7NMF3PH

----------Report Start-----------

snip

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. The mission from start to finish is outstanding. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 12/30/2012 on forum posting for: In the Shadow of MIDAS, Part 1
Thank you Evil70th, for taking the time to go through and review my mission. This is all excellent feedback, and a few things I hadn't even considered before. It will probably all make it into my next polish pass. I'll definitely call on you again when Part 2 is ready.

@greendragoon
Lieutenant
# 475
12-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Federation Mission - Cold Enemies
Author: Q400
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HMPU9PRYS

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: The mission is a nice combat oriented mission with some story dialogue to move it forward. I would recommend this mission to other players who like combat oriented missions, although not on Elite level as it was challenging enough on Normal level.

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: The grant dialogue and follow dialogue are well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
The Vault System: This is a nice map design with several tough but fun battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

The Vault - Floor Three - Engineering and Cargobays: This is a good map design with a tough but fun battle. I noted one item to consider changing:
-One of the injured Reman?s is sitting above the medical bed.

Meeting System: This is a good map design with a nice battle. The story dialogue is well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The "Angered Admiral" dialogue; consider changing "[Rank]?[Rank]?" to read "[Rank]? [Rank]?".

Meeting Place: This is a nice simple map design with some tough but fun battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider adding a respawn point closer to the Breen position.

---------End Report----------
Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. I enjoyed the mission and good luck in the challenge. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian
Thanks - I appreciate it
" Nature Decays, but latinum lasts forever."
Original Handle: @Q400
Starfleet Veteran
# 476
12-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Thank you Evil70th, for taking the time to go through and review my mission. This is all excellent feedback, and a few things I hadn't even considered before. It will probably all make it into my next polish pass. I'll definitely call on you again when Part 2 is ready.
As always, I am glad to help. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future. Keep up the great work.

Brian
Starfleet Veteran
# 477
12-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by q403 View Post
Thanks - I appreciate it
Glad to help. Keep up the good work.

Brian
Starfleet Veteran
# 478 Happy New Year
12-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Happy New Year to each and everyone of you out there in the STO community, and to your families as well!

Brian
Captain
# 479
12-31-2012, 11:39 PM
I figure I'll toss this one at you for the polish and input you give. Thanks in advance, as always. (Be careful/aware that some dialog trees may provoke different effects, but should not effect mission completion, only flow.)

Mission: Time Will Tell
Author: XR-377
Level: 31+
Allegiance: Klingon
Estimated Mission Length:30-45m (Full Dialog Tree Exploration may yield different results)
Method of Delivery: Forum Post

Description: When K.D.F. High Command asks you to investigate a strange anomaly near Qo'noS you find yourself face to face with a dark future for the Empire. Will you find the guides you need to make sure it doesn't come to pass?
Starfleet Veteran
# 480
01-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
I figure I'll toss this one at you for the polish and input you give. Thanks in advance, as always. (Be careful/aware that some dialog trees may provoke different effects, but should not effect mission completion, only flow.)

Mission: Time Will Tell
Author: XR-377
Level: 31+
Allegiance: Klingon
Estimated Mission Length:30-45m (Full Dialog Tree Exploration may yield different results)
Method of Delivery: Forum Post

Description: When K.D.F. High Command asks you to investigate a strange anomaly near Qo'noS you find yourself face to face with a dark future for the Empire. Will you find the guides you need to make sure it doesn't come to pass?
Hi XR-377,

Thanks for the review request. I will review this mission as soon as I can and post in the forums as soon as it is completed.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian