Starfleet Veteran
The current version of this daily only allows the KDF to either pay the ransom (latinum) or destroy the Breen ship with the captives on board. The FED version allows the player to rescue the captive using a trick.

I think a good change to the daily for KDF is for the KDF to either destroy the ship or disable and launch rescue party (the rescue would be a 15 sec Doff Mission). A Doff mission could also be added to the FED version in which a transporter Doff needs to lock on and beam the captives on board. If the Doff mission is a success (which should be 95% of the time with uncommon Doff) then the mission adds a bonus reward (25% more dilith and expertise).

Right now, the KDF version does not allow for rescue like the FED version, which makes the KDF version quite cowardly (destroy ship with captive and call it done); this is not up to the standards you would expect from the KDF.
Captain
# 2
12-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64 View Post
Right now, the KDF version does not allow for rescue like the FED version, which makes the KDF version quite cowardly (destroy ship with captive and call it done); this is not up to the standards you would expect from the KDF.
Killing your enemy is cowardly? Giving captives an honorable death is cowardly? Saving them from a life of slavery and sending them to Sto'vo'kor is cowardly? Killing honorless dogs and giving them the honor of death at your hands is cowardly? I don't think you know anything about Klingons at all. In fact your title under your name says it even more.

No. What Starfleet does is cowardly. Bluff your enemy and then sneak their captives out and then walk away. There is no honor there. And besides, the breen can shoot back. And they do. You slaughter those pe'taq and then kill their bu'nich reinforcements as well. The captives are merely collateral damage. Their deaths as slaves would be meaningless. But their deaths also resulting in the death of slavers and their allies means far.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 3
12-29-2012, 03:26 PM
And besides, who wants to save the Deferi anyway?
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!
"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
RIP Sensor Analysis
Career Officer
# 4
12-29-2012, 04:20 PM
it is after all about balance, me balancing my disruptors and torps all over the breen hull - the deferi would approve
Career Officer
# 5
12-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
And besides, who wants to save the Deferi anyway?
Absolutely this is the crux of the matter. If we rescue them they will only let themselves get caught again anyway. Balance requires casualties on both the side of the defari and Breen so the ship and captives have to be destroyed. balance is thus preserved, and my crew are happy
Captain
# 6
12-29-2012, 04:54 PM
A boarding operation might be an appropriately Klingon alternative. Why shoot the Breen from kilometers away when you can stab them up close and personal?
Captain
# 7
01-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
A boarding operation might be an appropriately Klingon alternative. Why shoot the Breen from kilometers away when you can stab them up close and personal?
Except that according to Canon, nothing can survive aboard a breen ship other than breen (barring of course their slave pens). Something about sub-zero temperatures?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 8
01-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
Absolutely this is the crux of the matter. If we rescue them they will only let themselves get caught again anyway. Balance requires casualties on both the side of the defari and Breen so the ship and captives have to be destroyed. balance is thus preserved, and my crew are happy
Everyone wins!

Except for the Breen... but who cares?
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!
"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
RIP Sensor Analysis
Career Officer
# 9
01-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Except that according to Canon, nothing can survive aboard a breen ship other than breen (barring of course their slave pens). Something about sub-zero temperatures?
That was never established in canon, only assumed by fans. The only canon in regards to the interior of Breen ships are the scenes in Deep Space 9 season 7 with Dax and Worf being held prisoner and being taken in and out of the holding area for interrogations.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS