Survivor of Romulus
# 61
12-30-2012, 03:26 PM
If you ever clear your cache or history, you'll need to enter the onetime code again, in my experience.
Ensign
# 62
12-31-2012, 01:21 AM
But this happens without clearing the cache. Dont know id its an issue with Safari
Career Officer
# 63 A couple of suggestions
01-01-2013, 02:35 AM
Gateway is definitely a very good idea of a game tool and I think it has great potential, I would support a couple of suggestions I read that i think should be coordinated and integrated.

• Mobile app: the web interface is functional and it offers the advantage of cross-platform availability, but I think in the end you should also offer a mobile dedicated app for Android and iOS in order to offer a better experience and better performances
  • Assignments and related topics: I think assignments are the most obvious addition you can make to this application.
    Assignments came with a very simple interface in the game already, so I think this is no issue to adapt it to the website. This would allow users to login more frequently to check the progress, collect rewards and start new assignments.
    I suppose it is a common scenario that a lot of users do not login very often in the game because they not always have the PC turned on, but of course they can access the web interface more often and from a various kind of devices.
    In order to make this useful, Inventory and Replicator should also be available. Bonus would be Exchange and maybe R&D

Thanks for listening and keep working on it ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conductorjoe View Post
It still keeps telling me that the gateway is closed for maintenance. I've tried from my laptop, my wifes laptop, and my android phone. They all say the same thing.
Yeah...it happens to me every single time.

Whether from my computers or my phone...I can log in for a bit...then I get that message.

Last edited by cdrgadley; 01-02-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Career Officer
# 65
01-02-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm finding the same trouble. I use IE8 to log onto Gateway, it always takes a while to load and after a few minutes it says "Closed for Maintenance". But funny if I switch windows while it's loading it temporarily works. Then I go to click and it then shows the "Closed for Maintenance".

And it constantly asking for a 1-time code, is really becoming annoying.

Last edited by azurianstar; 01-02-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Rihannsu
# 66
01-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Same issue here, but on the first page it says this doesn't work with IE8, so I assume that is why.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 67
01-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Same issue here, but on the first page it says this doesn't work with IE8, so I assume that is why.
Doesn't work with Firefox or Google Chrome either.
Career Officer
# 68
01-02-2013, 10:43 AM
I cannot get it to work in the latest & updated IE, but it works fine on my missus Ipad.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Rihannsu
# 69
01-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Huh, I did get it to work with Firefox, no problem. I don't recall which version I have, but I think its the latest.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 70
01-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Works fine on Firefox. Version 17.0.1 here.

Cryptic

You must implement privacy options for Gateway. If you cannot click on someone's avatar in game and obtain all their setup details then anyone should not be freely able to do so outside the game using your Gateway.

Those who want to publicly display and link their setups should be allowed to via Privacy Permissions:
  • Permission for Fleet to View
  • Permission for Friends to View
  • Permission for All to View

Permissions per account or per character would be best. This way you can get ahead of any possible misuse or abuse of Gateway information.

Last edited by eagledraco; 01-02-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Closed Thread