Lieutenant
# 21
12-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Of course the user must read for any available method of information, but I also understand the people who just trust in the tooltips. Cause, come on, the breen ship, the big prize of the winter event, couldnt the devs put the right text instead of using a cheap copypasta?
http://flotahispana.com/imagenes/fhlogoforo.png

Siguenos en: Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Captain
# 22
12-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
So the mountains of information available via this website, various blogs and podcasts that have clearly stated for weeks that the ship is BOUND TO CHARACTER, mean nothing?
Actually, it does mean nothing. A large number of players DO NOT participate in the community. In game performance and features should be clearly and accurately detailed in game.
Rihannsu
# 23
12-29-2012, 08:53 PM
forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't the tool tip also say "bound?"
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't the tool tip also say "bound?"
Why yes... yes it does.

http://douglasavenue.com/stopix/breenshipbound.jpg

500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
01-01-2013, 02:00 AM
I started late for my 2nd toon and I'm still going to have plenty of time. I don't understand why so many people are complaining about it being bound and about having 35+ days (with 42 opportunities) to run a race 25 times...?
Ghost of Nimbus III. Commander of the R.R.W. Vengeance.
Captain
# 26
01-01-2013, 02:55 AM
It should't be bound. I earned it by running that damn race 25 days straight, so I should be able to do with it as I please. If I want to sell it, I should be allowed to. So what if some players want to sell theirs? It won't flood the market with cheap Breen ships, because not every player will have earned one to sell. It will be just as valuable as a Wells or Orb Weaver is now on the exchange, and will climb in value as fewer and fewer are left to sell with no replacements. I'm sure there are plenty of players with half a dozen alts who all did the grind for the ship but after the event is over, the supply will still steadily fall. It will be a rare exclusive ship like any other from a lockbox.
Captain
# 27
01-01-2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
It should't be bound. I earned it by running that damn race 25 days straight, so I should be able to do with it as I please. If I want to sell it, I should be allowed to. So what if some players want to sell theirs? It won't flood the market with cheap Breen ships, because not every player will have earned one to sell. It will be just as valuable as a Wells or Orb Weaver is now on the exchange, and will climb in value as fewer and fewer are left to sell with no replacements. I'm sure there are plenty of players with half a dozen alts who all did the grind for the ship but after the event is over, the supply will still steadily fall. It will be a rare exclusive ship like any other from a lockbox.
just think this until the end, if the breen ship was tradeable.
This is a free to play game, you (and all others) can make an endless amount of accounts. The content to get the free breenship is doable from lvl 2 on. This means, the ship would be cheap on the exchange (i consider 5 million cheap for that ship) and everybody that would start the game tomorrow would eventually get a good ship, basically for little EC...that not only breaks the z-store (probably not significantly) and it would mean breen ships everywhere you go.

so actually making this ship tradeable is somewhat game/economy breaking. they could have made it account bound to conserve the ship for future toons, but that too can't be in the best interest of cryptic.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 28
01-01-2013, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
There is no one to blame here for lack of understanding how this FREE ship worked, except for the individual who was too lazy to read even a page of information about the ship.
I disagree. There are many players who are casual, they may not be interested in all the social media feeds or reading the emails from Cryptic, they simply play the game.

What this shows is the biggest issue that the DEV team have - ATTENTION TO DETAIL

Attention to detail is sorely lacking in this game. Time and time again new features are released with no apparent testing by anyone until the players find it. A current example is the FUBAR tailor now it has to deal with Adapted MACO and other costumes, these costumes are all big grind and dil cost items and yet it simply does not work for anyone - ergo it has never been tested.

Items are released all the time with bugs or poorly thought out mecahnics, Starbase BOFFs anyone?

Who now buys Zen anymore? Since the dil changes at the start of season 7 we are down to around 90:1 dil zen ratio, I for one am not buying it for large expensive project and there is nothing left for me personally to buy in the Z store, so no reason to spend money on this game. The dil quickies that were cancelled, because the team thought they were exploits have cause the value of their RL-Game currency Zen to crash, god knows how much money they are losing, once again something was not though through properly.

Whether it's a typo on a Breen ship that causes confusion for casual players, a bug that prevents Starbases from progressing for weeks or a change to the economy that causes a crash, this bug is riddled with "It's good enough" and "working as intended" bugs, typos, untested mechanics and an almost total lack of recognisable QA procedures.

The OP's point is indicative of an underlying issue and is merely the tip of the iceberg in my opinion.

Still an amazing game, I love it, but it makes me pull out what little hair I have left on a daily basis!
Commander
# 29
01-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
What this shows is the biggest issue that the DEV team have - ATTENTION TO DETAIL
This. Its been the case for 3 years and it will be for the foreseeable future.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I still don't see where this alleged typo is. As the picture I linked above says, both the tool tip when hovering over the box (at least when linked in chat) and when hovering over it in the GPL store clearly show it's bound to character.

500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...