Captain
# 1 the placate passive
12-31-2012, 08:10 PM
is still way too strong.

it seems to apply with the first crit as soon as the resist wears off.

it completely distrupts any powers that has a continued apply to it. which happens to be a few science powers and the vesta lance console, and the galaxy x lance.

this single passive has made tractor beams, tachyon beams nearly useless.

known powers it interrupts and puts on their cooldown-

maco heavy grav beam
sub nuc beam
tachyon beams
tractor beams
the vesta lance
the galaxy x lance

all these powers (including a captain power and 2 powers you buy with real money) are effected.

it doesnt matter how high your sensor rating is either, or your defense against sensor related skills. it procs and lasts the full 2 seconds and puts those powers on cooldown if theyre being used when you get proc'd.

the 20% also feels way off, it seems to proc the moment you get a crit when the immunity is not there. (this could use some confirmation)

im tired of science always being on the recieving end
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 2
12-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
is still way too strong.

it seems to apply with the first crit as soon as the resist wears off.

it completely distrupts any powers that has a continued apply to it. which happens to be a few science powers and the vesta lance console, and the galaxy x lance.

this single passive has made tractor beams, tachyon beams nearly useless.

known powers it interrupts and puts on their cooldown-

maco heavy grav beam
sub nuc beam
tachyon beams
tractor beams
the vesta lance
the galaxy x lance

all these powers (including a captain power and 2 powers you buy with real money) are effected.

it doesnt matter how high your sensor rating is either, or your defense against sensor related skills. it procs and lasts the full 2 seconds and puts those powers on cooldown if theyre being used when you get proc'd.

the 20% also feels way off, it seems to proc the moment you get a crit when the immunity is not there. (this could use some confirmation)

im tired of science always being on the recieving end
They admitted that science powers were mistakenly nerfed with S5 because the Dev in charge didn't take the new resists that were added into account (still not sure why they needed a nerf to begin with, but they did it anywya). It has been a solid year now and they still haven't undone that mistake. This just compounds the problem because it is severely reducing the ability to be effective with the few Sci powers that still work well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
We actually really don't like A2B, but it's a bit of a "third rail" situation. When we have the right fix to it, someday, we'll probably possibly maybe make it.
Captain
# 3
12-31-2012, 10:47 PM
something i dont understand:

automatic placates....

at all, for any reason....it just does not make sense....
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
something i dont understand:

automatic placates....

at all, for any reason....it just does not make sense....
EXACTLY. spend a damn station power slot if you want that, that would approach balance.

its not just over time powers that are effected. i CANT effectively deal alpha strike damage to anyone with this damn passive. even worse when they have a KHG shiled too. loosing 20% at least of my alpha damage is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE when the damn placate happens in the middle of an attack. and they have the closest thing to tractor beam immunity ever too. don't even bother.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 5
12-31-2012, 11:19 PM
Now, on the top of that passive placate, add the HG placate, a bunch of pets swarming around you, and the auto target will mess your real target up. The placate should be removed and replaced with a damage resist bonus or a shield resist bonus IMO.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Career Officer
# 6
01-01-2013, 12:18 AM
If they must keep the placate, they should increase placate immunity to around 30 seconds or so. If I have to lose a Tractor Beam, then they shouldn't be able to placate me for those 30 seconds or so.

If they don't change it, it's just utterly pointless to even bother slotting a tractor for use on anyone using the passive. It's going to get worse the more people get to that tier. They may as well get to it before it gets to that point.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 7
01-01-2013, 03:25 AM
Yeah nerf it until its even more useless. The 12 second immunity has nerfed it quite enough.
And Tractor beams? Never bothered with them because of two APO...
Career Officer
# 8
01-01-2013, 03:30 AM

Here we go with the whining about nerfs. Placating away expensive powers randomly is just a brilliant design decision.

No 12 seconds is not enough. 12 seconds of immunity is a joke when it can put an expensive 30 to 45 second cooldown power immediately into cooldown.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
# 9
01-01-2013, 05:40 AM
I do find it obnoxious that there are more and more things that the game now does for the player both automatically, frequently, and at no additional cost. Just because the power creep is getting out of hand and people are running out of slots on their power trays that doesn't mean we need more stuff taking control out of our hands. We aren't NPCs. PvP should be more about the players and less about behind the scenes cryptic math in my opinion.
# 10
01-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post

Here we go with the whining about nerfs. Placating away expensive powers randomly is just a brilliant design decision.

No 12 seconds is not enough. 12 seconds of immunity is a joke when it can put an expensive 30 to 45 second cooldown power immediately into cooldown.
well i do blame the pvp'ers on this. along time ago i made a post about the klink placate on sheilds. but yeah i got jumped on by everyone in this thred about it. oh its you just suck bla bla bla its annoying at best. yeah well now look. you guys are ******** about t4 placate and now the klink sheilds as well. so for calling me a nub about placate a long time ago, look how its come now. t4 rep with sheilds lmao what ever.

side note, this wasent directed at you snoge. just my rant got hyped after reading your post so fast quote. but yeah lest they did tone down the placate on sheilds along time ago but its still bs. its so stupid how the poeple that shot me down about tractors and placate and both combined now come to fourms looking to get it nerfed. and its just like i said, if they put it on a sheild i bet it will come as a passive. and that was a half joke back then. cant believe they actually did it lol.