Career Officer
# 3601
01-01-2013, 12:09 PM
J'tal while waiting for a report looks at the galactic map at the holo table of the novas bridge.

J'tal : we have now seen we are not alone in the galaxy or the universe. There are others out there some friendly some that will most certainly want our distraction. We must now rebuild.

M'dem: sir may I ask what you think of the conference to be held

J'tal : I hope by the elements that tey succeed. We cannot afford another war like this.
Captain
# 3602
01-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Santiago: But, that is something Vala is trying to change. Vala and her predecessor were open and supportive of the Federation Alliance.

I think we do have to recognise gentleman, that Romulus is entering a new period in her development. She can stand on her own two feet now.

As for the Terminals, shut down the Gingrich line and have all the terminal units sent to Starbase 41. I want Cortana checked, double-checked, and checked again. Then, we'll have the terminal POWs distributed to Memory Alpha. If they want to make amends, they can help us in R&D.

As for the Klingons, they haven't been Federation members since our surrender to the Iconians. We'll have trouble bringing them back, but I don't think we'll need to.

M's attack has put everyone in a position where they're coming to the negotiating table.

Ross, what's our military status?

Ross: Most of our ships were mothballed when we surrendered to the Iconians, but we're already bringing them back into service. One major issue is that Utopia Planitia was hit on the way out.

The Republic faired pretty well, though. But, the Borg attack on their space has put them in a similar position.

I'd suggest that we bring up the possibility of changing a few things in S.H.I.E.L.D. as well. They may have policing jurisdiction over the quadrants but they're still a Federation Organisation. If they were given the power to act independently, they'll be more effective in the case that something similar to the Iconian threat happens again.

They should report to someone, though. We don't want a repeat of the Raizers. A council should be formed from representatives from every power within S.H.I.E.L.D.'s jurisdiction.
Man: Perhaps a triumvirate of some kind consisting of Yourself Mr. President, Vala, The Republic, and perhaps the Iconians or maybe the Synthesizers. That SHIELD answers to only. It would be a start to something most of us see a unified galaxy.

James: I do like the idea but its particulars have to be addressed. How will they handle certain issues of perceived interference and against the Prime Directive and Interstellar Law. I think making amends for the Klingons will be a start for a more permanent peace between them and perhaps avoiding a repeat of that kind of situation. Which is why I would support a plan to install a sort of multi governmental body that SHIELD reports to only.
Captain
# 3603
01-01-2013, 12:35 PM
James: As for Cortana, she may need to be repaired as things inside must have changed. We know M hijacked her for his own purposes. It is why a full system check of Cortana is in need at this point as she has to be used to avoid pointless conflict and political unrest.

Man: I do agree somewhat. But hijacking the system should be avoided at all costs. Since these beings are sentient and lifeforms capable of living beyond their programming. This is cause for some concern. I agree with the president.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3604
01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Man: Perhaps a triumvirate of some kind consisting of Yourself Mr. President, Vala, The Republic, and perhaps the Iconians or maybe the Synthesizers. That SHIELD answers to only. It would be a start to something most of us see a unified galaxy.

James: I do like the idea but its particulars have to be addressed. How will they handle certain issues of perceived interference and against the Prime Directive and Interstellar Law. I think making amends for the Klingons will be a start for a more permanent peace between them and perhaps avoiding a repeat of that kind of situation. Which is why I would support a plan to install a sort of multi governmental body that SHIELD reports to only.
Santiago: Agreed. We'll iron out the details at the conference. Any idea where to hold it?
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
# 3605
01-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Santiago: Agreed. We'll iron out the details at the conference. Any idea where to hold it?
James: Perhaps we should hold this conference at Caspian 3. It is not known to the criminal underworld, low risk, and remote to any full scale force. No natives to worry about.
Career Officer
# 3606
01-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Jtal soon beams down to Romulus for the first time in years and stands for a moment and breathes the air of home. He then heads to a place he hasn't been in years. An is welcomed once again by a waiting family.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3607
01-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
James: Perhaps we should hold this conference at Caspian 3. It is not known to the criminal underworld, low risk, and remote to any full scale force. No natives to worry about.
Ross: I agree. Allow each attending party to bring 2 ships each, and set up a camp on the surface to hold the conference.

Santiago: Admiral Allen, you just volunteered for that assignment.

Alright gentlemen, if there's nothing else?
My Fan Fictions

Captain
# 3608
01-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Ross: I agree. Allow each attending party to bring 2 ships each, and set up a camp on the surface to hold the conference.

Santiago: Admiral Allen, you just volunteered for that assignment.

Alright gentlemen, if there's nothing else?
James: Always Mr. President. *As he turns to walk out the door* Sir, I do believe you have a meeting with Captain Dorman, be easy on him. He is still adjusting to his surroundings.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3609
01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
James: Always Mr. President. *As he turns to walk out the door* Sir, I do believe you have a meeting with Captain Dorman, be easy on him. He is still adjusting to his surroundings.
Santiago: Of course. Send him in.

*Everyone leaves while Santiago waits for Captain Dorman.*
My Fan Fictions

Career Officer
# 3610
01-01-2013, 01:11 PM
J'tal soon is telling his family about the recent battles. And there victory. And the way he sees things will go. He then soon recieves a message. He looks at and tells everyone he will be back soon. He heads for the tal shiar conplex on Romulus and enters a room after going through security. He enters the directors room.

Director: J'tal I am dying. And it wot be long until I do. I need someone I can trust to take control here and protect te empire. I want you to do so.

J'tal : I would be honored to sir