Career Officer
# 81
01-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Hmm, I clearly need to pick all this up for No Win, I still need the Wave 8+ accolades...

Of course I would condemn those doing it, but whats the point? If the idiots who designed all this stuff can't be bothered to test it first, or even fix ****, why should I care in PVE terms?
Captain
# 82
01-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Hmm, I clearly need to pick all this up for No Win, I still need the Wave 8+ accolades...

Of course I would condemn those doing it, but whats the point? If the idiots who designed all this stuff can't be bothered to test it first, or even fix ****, why should I care in PVE terms?
I'll let you in on a secret. The Elite Fleet Shields are OP in PvP. Cryptic doesn't care about that, they do care when OP stuff makes their "challenging" PvE scenarios too easy.

Mainly though, I was looking for a way to bring this thread back to the first page.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Empire Veteran
# 83
01-01-2013, 04:40 PM
welp, i got the romulan torp, and spread 3. guess im gonna have to see this for myself. even low damage, i don't see how someone could survive 12-50 torp impacts. the target will be EWP'ed or TB'ed too, so hitting them with it at close range should not be a problem. if all the kinetic impact doesn't decimate their shields and deal lots of bleed, 12-50 DOTs dealing between 200-400 damage a tic should finish the job
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 84
01-02-2013, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
welp, i got the romulan torp, and spread 3. guess im gonna have to see this for myself. even low damage, i don't see how someone could survive 12-50 torp impacts. the target will be EWP'ed or TB'ed too, so hitting them with it at close range should not be a problem. if all the kinetic impact doesn't decimate their shields and deal lots of bleed, 12-50 DOTs dealing between 200-400 damage a tic should finish the job
There is a little more to it than just that single torpedo. You have to have x3 Projectile Doffs and one of the fast firing 1.5second torpedoes. When the doff trigger happens at the same time as torpedo spread the romulan torp goes crazy spamming out tons of shots. With the Omega torp you run out of ammo but triggers still happen, leaving only the Rom torp to torpedo spread fire.
Empire Veteran
# 85
01-02-2013, 02:58 AM
ah. i know that couldn't just be a single launch
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lieutenant
# 86
01-02-2013, 09:02 AM
The Fleet shields are exactly as superb,ultra rare,hard to get shields should be!
Are they the best shields currently attainable? Yes they are.
That is why they realy should be distinct with unique abilities.
I use them and still go down.Perhaps a little harder than with a different shield but i definitely loose shield integrity in battle and eventually go boom.Players that are using it are killable too.
Perhaps a little harder to kill but they will go down eventually.
I dont need number crunching.Its simply the "feel" for me.
The t4 passive was indeed an issue as killing and being killed was almost impossible.
Now that it was fixed i realy see no issue whatsoever with the Elite Fleet Shields.
Lt. Commander
# 87
01-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
5 stacks of 2% resist per weapon type is more than enough, imo. 10% per stack is horrendously OP.
^This.

With 5 stacks at 2%, combined with the option for [ResA] or [ResB] mod they already offer, the elite shields would still be the best in the game, they just wouldn't be so horribly OP. It would also fix things to fit with the general practice where other shield mods trade off strength against generality (i.e. 20% resist for type specific mods, 15% for partial groupings [ResA/B] and 10% for all-in-one [MACO]).
# 88
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepenguin121 View Post
^This.

With 5 stacks at 2%, combined with the option for [ResA] or [ResB] mod they already offer, the elite shields would still be the best in the game, they just wouldn't be so horribly OP. It would also fix things to fit with the general practice where other shield mods trade off strength against generality (i.e. 20% resist for type specific mods, 15% for partial groupings [ResA/B] and 10% for all-in-one [MACO]).
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it will still be the best resist-shield in the game at those levels. Seriously, I know the Elite shields sit at the end of a very long, expensive grind, but that doesn't mean they have to be a replacement for all other types of shield resists. At most, the should be only slightly better than the other available options. As is, they are simply too powerful to be balanced in any way, shape or form.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Cryptic Studios Team
# 89
01-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Thank you for the feedback. We'll be considerably adjusting the effect of these shields soon.

Currently, we are testing the shields internally with a maximum of 10 stacks at 2% resistance per stack. (50% chance to gain a stack each time you get hit by a particular damage type.)

These numbers are still subject to change at any time.
Captain
# 90
01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Thank you for the feedback. We'll be considerably adjusting the effect of these shields soon.

Currently, we are testing the shields internally with a maximum of 10 stacks at 2% resistance per stack. (50% chance to gain a stack each time you get hit by a particular damage type.)

These numbers are still subject to change at any time.
Awesome! Thank you so much.

Now, get ready for the "Dev Tracker Effect" to kick in.
Quote: