Career Officer
# 11
01-02-2013, 07:46 AM
I have used the three pack Vesta combined into one ship for PVP before. I performed surprisingly well in it and even managed to take out a FED ship with the primary beam weapon (drained its shields and hull with cannons a blazing - remember, the dual cannons on this ship is 405 each in destructive power). I think the other powers associated with this ship can also come in handy if you have a good team and communication.

I own the Defiant retrofit with cloaking device.... I picked it up on sale a while back for 16$! Admittedly, despite being a tact captain and jumping into this game without having read everything first I was overwhelmed by the ship. Sounds silly, I know but it is extremely agile (compared to cruisers) and my builds for this ship keep falling short. That being said, the moral of the story is to read everything and anything and if you have real PVP'ers willing to help out and give advice, my god man listen!

My only complaint about the Defiant is that the cloaking device is that you cannot re-cloak once you have engaged in battle which, frankly, sucks as that would help somewhat in escaping the teaming mass of Klingons converging on your location to wipe you out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
01-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
Best "destroyer" in game is not from federation side
This is painfully true! Evul Klinguns!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Empire Veteran
# 13
01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
This is painfully true! Evul Klinguns!
now that i got the maco shield on it, its true! the fed version was a good deal more resilient compared to the kdf version, having the all impotent maco and a higher shield mod. but ya kdf vet ship FTW now.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
01-02-2013, 11:58 AM
AMS consoles, Maco shields...our best technology is stolen by the evuls! And we Feds have still the simple cloak...bah!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Captain
# 15
01-02-2013, 12:24 PM
now that ive spent some time with the steamrunner.... i think the opening poster should spend a little time in that ship....

it is VERY sci weak...only 1 ens sci power....but...

2 lt engineering boffs in a ship that has a cmdr and ltcm tac boffs does give it a very tanky feel....and great burst options

have fun kill bad guys
Ensign
# 16
01-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm saving up for the defiant right now! Thank you all for your help.

As for the Steamrunner, when Cryptic releases torpedoes that can be fired above the 10 KM range(A pipe dream I know), I'll get the Steamrunner.

If you've played the Star Trek RTS you'll know why, the Steamrunner was a torpedo boat and I loved that little ship. I went tac with my original human stfo because I thought I could get the steamrunner.
Captain
# 17
01-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferowsi View Post
I'm saving up for the defiant right now! Thank you all for your help.

As for the Steamrunner, when Cryptic releases torpedoes that can be fired above the 10 KM range(A pipe dream I know), I'll get the Steamrunner.

If you've played the Star Trek RTS you'll know why, the Steamrunner was a torpedo boat and I loved that little ship. I went tac with my original human stfo because I thought I could get the steamrunner.
fear not sir!

i can show you how to build that steamie to tank like a boss, and deliver amazing alphas....

sturdier than the defiant....not as punchy as the jem hadar... and no need for torps!

pm @CaptainHorizon in game!

have fun kill bad guys