Empire Veteran
# 11
12-31-2012, 06:08 PM
im so tired of these missions giving me cives, and not being able to send civs. every time they crit they give me nothing but purple civs. seriously, over half of the doffs i get from these are civs, and they're bound too if i recall. just the refuge exchange gives unbound. and these damn latinum trade missions, every time they crit they give BOUND green quality entertainers, that you have no way of getting rid of except hitting dismiss

because of all these purple cives, and the fact that i already had blue civs that were somehow bound, some goten from the doff store, i have had to dismiss blue quality doffs for almost nothing to clear my roster of 5 advisers or diplomats or entertainers. all of which you need 1, or maybe 2 of at most. oh but just send them off on the recruiter labor missions! even when these succeed, I DON'T LOSE THE DAMN DOFFS. at least all the doffs from the doff store cant be gotten rid of this way, they remain after the missions. you cant send them off 1 at a time in the exchange missions, and you cant recycle or trade up with them, all you can do is dismiss.

the ONLY bound doffs i can understand getting EVER is doffs from the support starcluser chains, and the doff store. but the doff store doffs need to not be double bound, and recyclable, or un-get-rid-of-able with those recruit laborer missions.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 12
01-01-2013, 01:20 AM
At least you can still trade the green and up civies in for lower rank DOffs. The only catch here being that you need the room for them. But I mostly hate the white civies you can't even send back through the program. Those usually are either sent on labor brigades or out the airlock.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Lieutenant
# 13
01-01-2013, 02:58 AM
well, i took the asignment by using a green quality DOFF and get a purple quality cardassian botanist
Captain
# 14
01-01-2013, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlim View Post
well, i took the asignment by using a green quality DOFF and get a purple quality cardassian botanist
The botanist is not a civilian though. It's a science officer. Civilians are things like traders, advisors, diplomats. Things like that. Refugees too. And colonists. And prisoners. But mostly the traders, advisors, and diplomats are what is being discussed here.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Rihannsu
# 15
01-01-2013, 08:37 AM
don't forget entertainers!

Chefs and Bartenders can also be annoying but only if you already had one.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Sometimes you also get a purple bartender and it makes your day. But i agree, i'd like to be able to send civilian to the GQ exchange grinder.
Lieutenant
# 17
01-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Yes thats quit annoying, and the fact that before S7 i just traded 5 green Civs to 1 Blue random at no cost, now i cant do that anymore because of the Dilithiumcosts, also did they changed something with the Bound ones? i got some Doffs Bound and now i cant even trade them in for higher or lower Doff, so the only way is to fire them.

you also cold spend them in the Fleetprojects, there was allways some place for Green civs, but they changed that aswell...
Captain
# 18
01-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalkerhawk View Post
Yes thats quit annoying, and the fact that before S7 i just traded 5 green Civs to 1 Blue random at no cost, now i cant do that anymore because of the Dilithiumcosts, also did they changed something with the Bound ones? i got some Doffs Bound and now i cant even trade them in for higher or lower Doff, so the only way is to fire them.

you also cold spend them in the Fleetprojects, there was allways some place for Green civs, but they changed that aswell...
Wrong thread dude. This one is talking about officer exchange programs that you get from the Cardassian Sector Blocks (I.E. Cardassian, Paradan, Karemman and Bajoran for feds, Cardassian, Dosi, Ferasan, Wadi for KDF).