Captain
# 31
01-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I don't agree with the use of Red Alert at all. Full impulse, cloaking, and warp drive are all firmly established tactics in Trek. Sure, there should be a penalty in power and actuation cycles, and things can be rendered inoperable in combat, but disabling them entirely when you go to Red Alert? Programming copout, period.
Career Officer
# 32
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
A B'rel Retro (or Fleet B'Rel Retro) with Rom T5 (Picking placate at T4) is going to be interesting... I figured the Rom T4 Placate and/or T5 10min CD was the OP's trouble, almost forgot there's a B'Rel Retro too.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Lieutenant
# 33
01-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Yeah, I don't agree with the use of Red Alert at all. Full impulse, cloaking, and warp drive are all firmly established tactics in Trek. Sure, there should be a penalty in power and actuation cycles, and things can be rendered inoperable in combat, but disabling them entirely when you go to Red Alert? Programming copout, period.
Taking out Red Alert entirely would change the entire game.. might make it fun though
Empire Veteran
# 34
01-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Picard: Full Impulse, any heading. Engage.
Data: [Spins from console] We can't, sir. We're at Red Alert.
Picard: [Facepalm]
"And thats when I flung the D'muv round the Sun, went back in time and Orbital Struck the guy that put that rule in the book. Your Honor." , Captain G'hargh.

What I would do with time travel.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 35
01-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
The cloak is also broke by incoming extraship transmissions from NPCs and by Bridge Officer conversations about the freshness of galley gagh.
Starts spamming "are you happy with your current phone service?" in an attempt to break cloak.
Career Officer
# 36
01-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Does the ionized gas sensor console allow you to fire a High Yield volley of seeking torpedoes?
Ensign
# 37
01-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesburtchell View Post
Oh my gosh you gotta be kidding me... alright yeah if your in pvp then what you probably were fighting is a BoP Brel-R, on one of my KDF toons that is my ship of choice and that's how if i fight. i stay under cloak loaded with transphasics torps and trico mines. let me give ya and advice. do enough damage and you kill him or knock him out of cloak. if you wish you, i can give you my handle and we can pvp so you can figure out how to beat a brel. the only real good thing that ship has is that ability. tractor beams gravity wells and other stuff will work, can decloak me. when i fight i do hit and run. i attack uncloak for about three seconds and recloak again thing is there's the thing. because i am already under cloak all you need is a good hy torp or a spread and you will do damage. you will hit hull.. when fighting a brel the best thing to do is to out number it or figure out where its at or kill it.
When retaliating, would you say the 'Fire All Torpedoes' non-console skill works?
I reach for the stars, but still touch my own heart
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-03-2013, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
Cloaking devices are never used a PC game as who wants to cloak at range 10.the only game is in SFC3 to do repairs other than that they are useless in PC Games.
i love your sig bro for letting me refinding that site. holy cow good times man..... everyone in sto should go to that site. i played dom war/unity way way back, and love vic1st and friends. join the organizedpvp chat channel in this game and u wont be disappointed.

qapla

i wholeheartedly disagree with your take on cloak, as sfc3 unity mod ship "Kron" had one helluva alpha strike. ah damned good times
Empire Veteran
# 39
02-03-2013, 06:03 AM
The content of this post was removed because it would have got me a medal
Empire Veteran
# 40
02-11-2013, 07:16 PM
That 10 seconds is a joke LOL. Pretty much you are decloaked for 3 seconds without any shields not to mention there is the emission seeking console, warp plasma, sensor scan, tractor beam, charged particle burst, gravity well, etc to decloak someone. Most people though if you look at it from pvp stand point you don't need to use any of the decloaking skills out there you can just get in close and hammer down on someone who has no shields.

This is a prime example of why the B'rel needs to be revamped because there are all these downsides but basically if we asked for more shield penetration its called too OP already. When really we get no advantages vs all the cons. I would have a heart attack though if a dev came and said lets improve this ship to balance it out. It won't happen though based on the nature of a franchise like this is the federation and they probally already thought of improving this ship but they don't want to anger the paying customers by balancing out something that is obviously under powered yet trolled on a daily basis.