Captain
I haven't for quite some time. I don't think I've bought anything with real money in half a year or more. We even have a Costume sale going on now, even considering there are quite a few I don't have, my response was a loud, proud, and resounding; Mehhhhhhh..........

There hasn't really been anything I've been excited about getting, and from what I've seen, there isn't anything on the horizon thats got my attention either. I don't care for Lockboxes and the stuff in them, and I'm happy with the ship I have now, and likely will not change it.

I miss having good stuff in the C-Store. When's the next stuff coming?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 2
01-02-2013, 12:58 PM
We're supposed to get a new lockbox in late January-early February.
Captain
# 3
01-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Problem is lots of z-store ships aren't keeping up with the power creep from fleet and lockbox ships. Some can catch up with fleet versions you can get with 1 module, but many don't have fleet versions so why buy them. We need a Fleet Dreadnought, Fleet Kar'fi, Fleet Guramba, Fleet Dky'r, and Fleet Marauder flight deck cruiser for them to be worth buying the z-store versions anymore. If they don't make fleet versions why bother getting a z-store ship unless its already a ten console ship like Vesta, Oddy, and Bortasqu.
Captain
# 4
01-02-2013, 01:11 PM
The promised that the next Dominion themed Lock-box will literally rain down all around you - even while flying in sector space!! Sure to keep you busy!!
Rihannsu
# 5
01-02-2013, 01:16 PM
The problem with the C-store is that most of the stuff we want to buy, like ships, are account wide unlocks. We the players like this since we only have to buy something once and we have it forever. Cryptic and PWE don't like this since they can only sell us something once. That's why fleet ships are character unlocks only. That's why so much development time is spent on lock boxes since anything from them is character only. They hope that we will see something and then there is the chance that we will buy it for more than one character. And that's why the only new "costume" that came to the C-store was character only and cost 700 zen, they figured that was the break even point for the enviromental suit, and I can only guess that since not enough people bought them, they're not going to do that again.

So, I doubt that we will see much in the C-store ever again. Uniforms, costumes, special ships, weapons, all of that is going straight to the lock boxes and the Lobi store. Personally, I'm just hoping that they put the andorian ship in the C-store, I'd probably break down if it went in a lock box.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 6
01-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Everything new worth buying is being funneled into Lockboxes and lobi.
Captain
# 7
01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehus View Post
We're supposed to get a new lockbox in late January-early February.
As I said. Lockboxes don't appeal to me, and very few of the things in them have any sort of appeal at all. I was never a fan of DS9 or the Dominion, so the coming Lockbox has not excited me in the slightest. In fact, I'm only more disappointed.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-02-2013, 02:32 PM
I feel the same. I have enough Zen points to get a nice new shiny ship or many uniform sets but I can't see anything I really want.

I'd pay for a tactical Vorcha variant though. (Hint Hint)
Career Officer
# 9
01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badvaio View Post
I feel the same. I have enough Zen points to get a nice new shiny ship or many uniform sets but I can't see anything I really want.

I'd pay for a tactical Vorcha variant though. (Hint Hint)
Well, with four Fleet Ship Modules (500Z or ~5m EC each) and a KDF fleet with a Tier 2 shipyard, it's yours.
Rihannsu
# 10
01-03-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm feelin' ya Centersolace. I've got lots of Zen right now (I'd stocked up on a previous Zen Sale, then got a few gift cards for Christmas), and when I saw the costume sale I was like "Woot!", but then when I actually logged-in to game and realized I've already purchased all available costumes, I was like "Sad Panda".

I'm kind of ambiguous on Lock Boxes. I like how much cash they make for the game (meaning the game is likely to stay around for me to play), but I'm none-to-keen to buy them (much) myself... Well, ok, I have, and likely will continue to buy a handful of keys from time-to-time, but mostly that's just my stipend... A little gambling is good for the soul, but only in seriously limited quantities. And really, if anything does come out I want, I've so far found it easiest to just buy it off the exchange, removing the Chance Factor.

Even new C-Store ships... Prior to F2P there were a couple of big ship sales (at one point they were even 50% off!) and I bought many ships then (I did skip a couple, but got most). Since then there have been new ships released that I haven't purchased yet, but I'm still kind of like: Why?

I mean, I'm pretty happy with what I have now already on my 20-some alts... Each alt is using one of the ships I've already purchased, or some other in-game ship. I haven't seen anything that makes me want to level a new toon, just so they can go through all the grind to get the gear, then buy a ship, then replay all the same missions for the two-dozenth time...

Back in the day, my Main/Favorite-at-the-Time toons could grind Emblems, and/or Craftables and work up gear for any alt I created. All I had to do was the easy grind to End Game, and >poof< My new toon could have all the primo gear I was able to get through the time I played on my Mains. Now that all the Good Stuff is mostly locked behind individual-character (not account) achievement... I'm not re-grinding Rep and Fleet systems on every toon. No thanks.

So yeah, alts for more ships? Not really an option for me anymore.

C-Store? I wish there were more costumes. I do still like and purchase those. But to really start getting more of my cash, they're going to have to develop more content worthwhile, I guess. Until then, I've got a mountain of Zen I'm sitting on and wondering what to do with it.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.