Captain
# 11
01-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks to you, my fleetmates, and everyone else who played, "Finding Lascaux" is now public, and rewards-eligible.

Just to give you an idea of how badly an author play-through or two distorts the run-time calculation, it took almost 30 plays before it became eligible. O_o

If not for my fleet, and perhaps for the very kind reviews some people left, it's easy to see how under the current system a mission could drift into obscurity. I hope that gets fixed soon for the benefit of all authors.

I expect I'll soon submit it for evil70th's review, but I am waiting for feedback that a few people promised to give me as to where a few typos might have escaped my notice, and I have one thing to do to the final map as well.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)

Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 12
01-02-2013, 08:11 AM
I really hope they fix it soon, because I think it's unreasonable to expect every mission to get 30+ plays before anyone gets proper credit for it.

My mission is languishing at 13 plays, and its sequel is still at... 0. Sigh.

But this is good to hear... it's on my list of missions to play. Glad you made it to eligibility!
Captain
# 13
01-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks! Let me know what your missions are and I'll queue them up. It will probably be the weekend before I can get to them, but I'll put them on my list.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)

Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 14
01-02-2013, 03:20 PM
A Cold Heart part 1 and 2. Thanks.

The first isn't eligible probably due to eligibility bug (it's the right length, has 13 plays, etc.). The second isn't because it has 0 plays... heh.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
01-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
A Cold Heart part 1 and 2. Thanks.

The first isn't eligible probably due to eligibility bug (it's the right length, has 13 plays, etc.). The second isn't because it has 0 plays... heh.
It might have 0 plays yet because it is not yet available, only cold heart 1.
Captain
# 16
01-02-2013, 06:09 PM
It is available. You have to 'become reviewer' first.

It won't be available to non-reviewers until at least 5 people play it first.

Great system, eh?
Rihannsu
# 17
01-02-2013, 08:19 PM
#2 has an issue with the find t'Pel objective. You used a GIGANTIC invisible object with a default dialog.... once that object apepars on the map my tricorder can't seem to point at anything else.....

#1.... the breen base would be ok if not for those stupid ice walls everywhere.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 18
01-02-2013, 08:35 PM
I really enjoyed your mission. I kinda figured it out half way through but the story line was very welly thought out and had a little twist there at the end that sent my for a loop and then another 180 at the end. Great job
Rihannsu
# 19
01-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Oops.... I accidentally posted commentary on Zahinder's mission here...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 20
01-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Hey, I enjoyed your mission, but noticed people (who probably aren't reading everything) are getting hung up trying to find the docking ring and are actually flying to Cardassia.

I forget if you can actually use the Cardassia system as a mission gate, if so, it would be a good suggestion if you were willing to tweak the dialog. The second way to fix it (and easier) would be to rename the objective "Go to the Docking Ring Door on DS9 to Proceed to Cardassia". Like, the actual mission text that displays in the mission side window thing.

It's a little silly, but, one bit of advice as an Old (Foundry) Boy is assume some of your players can't find their way out of a wet paper bag without trail rails or someone holding their hand.