Survivor of Romulus
# 11
01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
As tempting as it is to have a cloak for my merry band of science ships, I'm gonna have to say no. =) Let's keep the cloak unique to the Defiant, Galaxy-X and the KDF ships.
Captain
# 12
01-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angarus1 View Post
As tempting as it is to have a cloak for my merry band of science ships, I'm gonna have to say no. =) Let's keep the cloak unique to the Defiant, Galaxy-X and the KDF ships.
Thank you. :') You're my new favorite person.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 13
01-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angarus1 View Post
And what about the Romulan ships? Can they have a Cloak to?
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
01-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
And what about the Romulan ships? Can they have a Cloak to?
When they come out with the Romulan faction, sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Thank you. :') You're my new favorite person.
<3
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I like the concept, I really do. But we all know CBS says NO to that, and we'll never see the U.S.S. Pegasus' offspring either, if there were any.
Captain
# 16
01-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellabor View Post
I like the concept, I really do. But we all know CBS says NO to that, and we'll never see the U.S.S. Pegasus' offspring either, if there were any.
CBS has no say about the Fed's having Cloaks. The only thing they have been "no way in Hell" about is a T5 connie.

2 things that tis would do:

1)let Fed's play around with a Cloak from the Romulans while they Finish off the KDF. I would much rather see this then them bring out a Romulan Faction with cloaking ships - because then the KDF would NEVER be finished.

2) It would give Cryptic a LOT more mileage out of the Rep system and the New Romulan content as most Feds would be grinding away the rep system on all their toons.
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-02-2013, 09:55 PM
There is a Romulan cloak: The tier 5 power lets ANY ship cloak for a few seconds, guaranteed.

And Romulans having cloaks if we got them as a faction? Sure, no problem, I don't mind that at all, because they were shown in the show to have cloaks many times over.

But no on the cloak, because it sounds to be little more than an attempt to get Fed cloaks on all their ships regardless (not to mention even if it happened, it'd nullify the whole point of buying the Gal-X and Defiant-R in the first place for Feds). Even so, it wouldn't help the KDF out that much since almost all Klingon ships have a cloak already, and as much fun as it would be to have like a Garumba with a cloak, it's not that vital.

Most importantly, there's one thing that's been mentioned a million-billion times already:

Between the Feds and Romulans, the Treaty of Algeron is STILL in effect. That would INCLUDE the Romulans trading cloaks of any kind to the Federation. The original Defiant (in terms of pure canon) was a one-off thing because the Romulans got all the intel gathered by the Defiant about the Dominion.

Even now, it'd be seen in a good light that the Federation would still so vigilantly uphold that treaty, and would only help strengthen relations between them and D'tan's colony on New Romulus.

Side note: These 'give Feds more cloaks threads' have been popping up for a long time, and so far nothing has changed, and I don't think will change anytime soon.

Captain
# 18
01-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
There is a Romulan cloak: The tier 5 power lets ANY ship cloak for a few seconds, guaranteed.

And Romulans having cloaks if we got them as a faction? Sure, no problem, I don't mind that at all, because they were shown in the show to have cloaks many times over.

But no on the cloak, because it sounds to be little more than an attempt to get Fed cloaks on all their ships regardless (not to mention even if it happened, it'd nullify the whole point of buying the Gal-X and Defiant-R in the first place for Feds). Even so, it wouldn't help the KDF out that much since almost all Klingon ships have a cloak already, and as much fun as it would be to have like a Garumba with a cloak, it's not that vital.

Most importantly, there's one thing that's been mentioned a million-billion times already:

Between the Feds and Romulans, the Treaty of Algeron is STILL in effect. That would INCLUDE the Romulans trading cloaks of any kind to the Federation. The original Defiant (in terms of pure canon) was a one-off thing because the Romulans got all the intel gathered by the Defiant about the Dominion.

Even now, it'd be seen in a good light that the Federation would still so vigilantly uphold that treaty, and would only help strengthen relations between them and D'tan's colony on New Romulus.

Side note: These 'give Feds more cloaks threads' have been popping up for a long time, and so far nothing has changed, and I don't think will change anytime soon.
Well we did not have the Romulan rep system before and the treaty can be changed in the story now that the Feds are helping the Romulan rebuild a new homeworld. Both the Gal-x and Defiant reasons are pretty lame anyways - 1 was a alt future that never happened after the end of the episode and the original cloak for defiant was lost.

I don't think it's really a big deal Fed's having cloaks. And I got really excited when you mentioned a Guramba having a cloak!! A Fleet Garumba with a cloak - SWEET!!! Make it So!!

Last edited by born2bwild1; 01-03-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 19
01-02-2013, 10:42 PM
How about no cloaking console? That'd be better for everyone.
Captain
# 20
01-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
How about no cloaking console? That'd be better for everyone.
I would say there are lots of KDF players with the Guramba or non-Klingon ships that would like the console - what about I.K.S. Death Dealer - Jem Bug with a cloak - pew pew

Last edited by born2bwild1; 01-03-2013 at 12:50 AM.