Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-01-2013, 06:29 PM
^No clue. Probably is but I'm using Orion Interceptors with three purple hanger doffs so they launch every 10 seconds or so.

I'd much rather have the crowd control arability in infected then fighters when the spheres are coming at the transformer because a generator was destroyed early. That seems to happen every other game.
Captain
# 12
01-01-2013, 07:52 PM
I plan on getting one on my Sci but imma go for full broadside love.

Fore: Rommy Beam, 3x Plasma BA
Rear: 3x Plasma BA + Kinetic

Abilities not sure yet, likely a mix of gravity well, standard healing, dem, apb you know standard STF stuff.
Career Officer
# 13
01-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
Isn't Gravity well dangerous to your own fighters?
Not that I've ever noticed
Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
Empire Veteran
# 14
01-01-2013, 10:00 PM
So as a beam boat corsair what set works the best?
Commander
# 15
01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
I just became a captain and got my first Corsair, not fleet obviously, but still. I also got my Advanced Slavers today, just had the regular ones before. So big day .

I'll try the drones, but I'm sticking with the Advanced Slavers, at least until I get Fleet Slavers.

Also my slavers appear to be paying for themselves already, I went from having 1 contraband to 14 already.

I also like the blueish explosions of the Quantum mines from my advanced slavers.

I also need to get some new equiptment for my weapons and consoles for my Corsair.
Captain
# 16
01-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
I just became a captain and got my first Corsair, not fleet obviously, but still.
Thing is, the basic Corsair is a 2 parts cruiser and 1 part carrier while the Fleet Corsair is 1 part cruiser, 1 part science, and 1 part carrier. So I was looking to start discussion on how to best use its unusual layout.
Commander
# 17
01-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Thing is, the basic Corsair is a 2 parts cruiser and 1 part carrier while the Fleet Corsair is 1 part cruiser, 1 part science, and 1 part carrier. So I was looking to start discussion on how to best use its unusual layout.
Ah I see. Your refering to the boff layout and extra sci console as to the 1 part sci.

Comparing the Retrofit Corsair with the Fleet Corsair, the Retrofit has 7 engineering power and only 3 sci powers while the Fleet has has 5 Engineering powers and 5 science powers. Add the science console.

Aux is more important to the Fleet Corsair, high Aux drops the fighter relaunch cooldowns and powers many of the extra sci powers that the Fleet Corsair gets.

So what ways are thier to boost your minium AUX power levels?

Oh side note I think I know what skill influences how much your Orion Slavers steal, for those that want to steal more contraband.

Flow Capacitors is listed as a skill that buffs them, but Flow Capacitors buffs Shield and Energy Drain powers, which the Slavers don't have. What they do have is a loot drain, aka EC, Commodities, Contraband, Crew capture. So my guess is the Flow Capacitors effects the raiding ability of the Slavers.

I have flow capacitors maxed, even though I don't have energy drain or shield drain powers because sto wiki said it was a buff skill for Slavers and I netted Contraband on my first mission (the one where you end up attacking Utopia at Mars). Could be wrong, but it makes sense.