Ensign
# 1 Login / Account Issues
12-31-2012, 08:42 PM
You all have probably heard this a thousand times on these forums, but for the life of me I can't find any peritnent threads.

OK, from the top . . .

When STO launched, I created a Cryptic account , and had lots of fun until I stopped playing. Somewhere along the line, I also created a Perfect World account to play Forsaken World and I also played Champions Online.

I came back to STO some time later (after the merger with PWE) and booted up STO only to discover that my account no longer had any characters on it! I had logged in using my Perfect World account unknowingly. I created a character and jumped right in. Shortly thereafter, I discovered that I needed to use my old Cryptic account to play my characters. I did so and had fun.

The problem comes in when I tried to merge the accounts. I now have STO characters on both the Cryptic account AND the PW account. I can log into the Cryptic account and see history and activated features of my original account, but I can't seem to find a way to link it.

I realize this is extremely confusing, but hopefully you guys hear this enough to muddle through what I'm trying to explain here. How can I go about getting all of these accounts merged into a single account? OR How can I go about reversing the merger and go back to using single accounts. Can PW unlink my accounts and let me do it again to correctly link them this time?

I have to say, this would be an easy fix if they had a better support channel. No phone, no live chat. Just a 3-6 day email wait? That's pretty unacceptable. Hopefully you forum guys can come through for me.

Thanks in advance!
Lieutenant
# 2
12-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Hello ikob!

I'm sorry to be the one to say this; you'll have to wade through the support lanes provided here. There's really nothing anyone outside of PWE can do for you, sadly. I wish you the best with this.

Best regards,

Jenna
Ensign
# 3
12-31-2012, 11:07 PM
I was afraid of that. Anyway, thanks for the reply. Guess I'll just have to content myself for the time being with a new character until I can get it all sorted with support.
Career Officer
# 4
01-01-2013, 06:15 AM
The description for this Forum is...
Quote:
- Receive peer to peer support for technical issues in regards to Star Trek Online here! File a support ticket if you need help from the Cryptic Support team.
If you want a response from PWE Tech Support, then you should be posting this thread on the PWE Tech Support site...
http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
Ensign
# 5
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks for that link. I'm aware this is for peer to peer support, hence why I posted here. However, I was under the impression that PWE never posted in forums and that the ONLY course of action we as players had short of community support was e-mail correspondence. Again, thanks for the link. I'll try reposting there.
Ensign
# 6
01-02-2013, 11:20 PM
ive got that exact problem, i was watch a trek marathon the other day and got in the mood, i haven't played since before they merged with PWE, i had an account with them but they said it was already linked so i made a new one, and none of my characters are they, alas im waiting for a response to my ticket, hope the best to ya