Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Commander
Now that I have reached level 50, most missions are almost worthless. I like running DOFF missions, but I don't like searching the map to find enough "good" missions to fill up 20 slots. I really like the winter wonderland because you can always find several good missions and win winter ornaments on criticals.

Is there any way to add more missions with a decent payout? I run the research missions and have 8 teams working at all times. I like the payout and love it when I find an alien artifact.

I would really like more engineering missions where you can build weapons or consoles. I already find enough engines, shields and deflectors that I can't build any or I run out of space to sell them on the exchange.

I also like the duty officer exchange mission, colony refugee recruitment, and cargo ship inspection.

I think adding more missions would make the game a lot more fun and allow me to play the missions more often as opposed to hunting for DOFF assignments.
Commander
# 2
01-03-2013, 08:01 AM
[Got my topics confused, sorry!]

Last edited by haravikk; 01-03-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Lieutenant
# 3
01-03-2013, 08:19 AM
OP was talking about DOFF missions...not PvE missions.

Sure, it would be nice if every DOFF mission gave you something great. But they don't. That's what makes finding the good missions exciting and worthwhile. If you could just stand on ESD and queue up 20 good missions, why would you ever go anywhere else?

Having said that, there are a large number of DOFF missions that should either be removed or drastically changed. Things like (3-days + 5 DOFFs) for a reward of 100ec and 117cxp is really awful and makes absolutely no sense. Rewards should be a bit more in line with what you put into it on a lot of DOFF missions.
Captain
# 4
01-03-2013, 08:27 AM
I would like to see Doff missions mixed with pve missions

Doff team is captured, Go to planet X and rescue them

Doff team is exposed and running from the bad guys calling for help !

Doff team gets involved in local dispute and requires reinforcements of other doffs

Doff team finds Alien technology requires the ship to come and extract it,many possibilitys here

First contact ! many possibilitys
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Ensign
# 5
01-03-2013, 08:53 AM
I'd love to see something like Tau Dewa Doff mission that gives a few Rommy marks, likewise for Defra and Omega marks.

Just something different.

Or even DOFF missions that open up a story mission for Rommy/Omega marks.

Now these I wouldn't mind having to put multi DOFFs into.
Commander
# 6
01-03-2013, 09:40 AM
I agree that finding 20 mission on ESD would not be fun. I only want to tweak the system so I don't have to spend an hour looking for decent missions. I'd rather run a mission. If we added a few missions, or increased their frequency, I think the system would be much better.
Commander
# 7
01-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Ack, I completely confused my topics/forums, sorry!

On DOFF missions though, personally I'd like to see some more of the rare/very rare missions be part of an assignment chain, so you can more reliably work towards an end goal. For example, unlocking borg duty officers; I could definitely use some better duty officers, but I haven't once seen the reclaim assimilated drone assignment appear. It'd be better if this mission were part of a chain.

Basically I'd like to see more assignment chains, as I prefer the idea of working towards longer term goals in a semi-reliable way. Otherwise I spent a lot of my time hoping for assignments that never seem to show up.
Commander
# 8
01-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Haravikk, I agree completely! That would be a nice way to spice up the missions.
Rihannsu
# 9
01-03-2013, 12:01 PM
there are some that chain... not many though.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 10
01-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Yes, I would like to see more!