Captain
# 1 bacon
01-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Health is irrelevant. Fat is irrelevant. Your tasteless chicken and droll organic material will be added to our awesomeness. Become one with the Bacon. Resistance is futile.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Star Trek had one of the bad guy empires as a bacon-worshipping cult? LOL
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 2
01-03-2013, 08:32 AM
I wonder if replicated bacon would be kosher...
Commander
# 3
01-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
I wonder if replicated bacon would be kosher...
There is not enough faces nor enough palms to facepalm this comment enough...

Marcus, you should be ashamed of yourself
Captain
# 4
01-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post

Ashamed?? I need to know if I could order a ham, pepperoni and sausage sandwich from a replicator and keep kosher
Commander
# 5
01-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Ashamed?? I need to know if I could order a ham, pepperoni and sausage sandwich from a replicator and keep kosher
Hmmm... it'll not be replicated, but now I know what I'm having for tea tonight... Thanks
Career Officer
# 6
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:

Better yet, would a vegetarian/vegan be able to eat replicated bacon? Technically it is matter dematerialized and rematerialized in another form. So bacon from a replicator could come from solely plants not animals.

I might be confusing the definition of "vegetarian" but using replicators to make food changes diet restrictions that are based upon what the food is made from.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Captain
# 7
Quote:
Hmmm... it'll not be replicated, but now I know what I'm having for tea tonight... Thanks
Any time Don't forget a little ketchup, or even a cheese slice for that added extra
Captain
# 8
I think I'd prefer it from the local Klingon Targ meat market, sliced thick and hickory smoked.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Commander
# 9
01-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Any time Don't forget a little ketchup, or even a cheese slice for that added extra
Might add an egg or two for good measure

I suppose replicated bacon couldn't be classed as meat, but do you not think in Star Trek's utopian society all the vegetarians and associated offshoots have been wiped out by now?
Captain
# 10
01-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
Better yet, would a vegetarian/vegan be able to eat replicated bacon? Technically it is matter dematerialized and rematerialized in another form. So bacon from a replicator could come from solely plants not animals.

I might be confusing the definition of "vegetarian" but using replicators to make food changes diet restrictions that are based upon what the food is made from.
This is my thinking also, as the meat is not coming from an animal Of course, those who prefer the textures and flavors of a vegetarian diet to meat might still continue to make such selections