Captain
# 11
01-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Aaaaah. Yeah, good point.

Well, it's fixed now.
Rihannsu
# 12
01-03-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm replaying it and noticed soemthing amusing.... Whatever you reskinned as dead Chub, is a COMBAT group and several of them just helped me slaughter a live chub group....

EDIT: THREEE times! The Zombie Shub are fun guys to have around. (but totally messing up your story.)
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 01-03-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
01-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I'm replaying it and noticed soemthing amusing.... Whatever you reskinned as dead Chub, is a COMBAT group and several of them just helped me slaughter a live chub group....

EDIT: THREEE times! The Zombie Shub are fun guys to have around. (but totally messing up your story.)
Neutral targs, etc. are only neutral to Fed and Klingon faction, unfortunately.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 14
01-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Aaaah blah.

Yeah, I moved some things around and didn't... pay attention to that.

I'll be replacing those fun zombies with NPC contacts. Derp a derp a derp.
Rihannsu
# 15
01-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Just out of curiosity, what was your goal for the 4 carriers protecting the Shub Queen? It really wasn't that hard for me to destroy them. (Lure tactics, get one in firing range, shoot it, then move away from the group, it follows and you can blast it without the others bothering you)
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 16
01-03-2013, 08:57 PM
To require at least some effort and care for a reasonably skilled player, but hopefully not utterly ignorable (that's tricky with Foundry, but hey), and to provide at least a moment of thought of 'hey, maybe I can talk my way through this.'

At the same time, if you feel like blowing everything away, you can.

The Shub aren't the Borg, and aren't meant to be as pants-wettingly scary as the Borg are supposed to be (mind you, whether the Borg in STO or even later episodes of Star Trek are consistent with the threat they were supposed to represent is arguable)
Rihannsu
# 17
01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Hehe, ok, I was wondering because every other Shub fight got face-rolled... I'd line up the small ones for HY Tricobalt torps just because I wanted to see the subspace rift form, not because I wanted the damage. (they usually evaporated if their shields were down and that hit them)

It probably didn't hurt that I was playing a Pyro build. The Tric is the only weapon that doesn't have a DoT. Drexela's ship has 4 plasma arrays and a Hargh, and uses Eject warp plasma(and Fire at Will). The stupid AIs would fly straight into it half the time. It's a great way to get rid of fighters(and frigates).

One tiny suggestion: somewhat larger frigate groups, not much just a little.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 18
01-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Mmm, yeah.

I'm also rethinking... I had quite intentionally set the battleships up to be vulnerable to being kited out and attacked one after another. Thinking about that some more, that seems... really dumb. The Shub aren't master warriors, but they aren't idiots.

Maybe I'll pull their aggro ranges together more. I'll experiment.
Rihannsu
# 19
01-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Actually.... they're about as close together as you can get them as-is. The first time I tried the lure trick, it didn't work right and I accidentally got two of them chasing me. So it does take some skill.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 20
01-11-2013, 11:07 AM
First mission is now eligible for officer reports (and, given some comments from the devs, was probably eligible before I realized due to display bug).

Second mission is only at 4 plays, so, not, yet.

But now I'm inspired to finish.